Thread: Project Blasphemy :: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage SE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Project Blasphemy
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage SE
    Orange
    CVT for now ;)

The daily and R&D project

Details

NRG carbon fiber dive planes/Canards
    JM Fab rear bumper diffusers

•  

OMP tracento leather steering wheel
    NRG carbon fiber quick release

•  

Custom intake

Renegade Performance chromoly strut bar
    Renegade Performance chromoly Rear Sway bar (7/8 inch)
    Renegade Performance chromoly front sway bar (1 inch) with Energy Suspension poly bushings and poly end links
    R1 Concepts slotted GEOMET front brake rotors with Powerstop Z23 Carbon performance brake pads. ATE TYP200 brake fluid

Stock until spring. She’s on Nokian Nordman studded snow tires right now

•  
    Comments: 6 / Views: 4061
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Nice orange Mirage PowershiftMatt. I have a thunder grey 5 speed Mirage 2014. I like the Eclipse next to your car as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Powershiftmatt (11-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Nice orange Mirage PowershiftMatt. I have a thunder grey 5 speed Mirage 2014. I like the Eclipse next to your car as well.
    Thank you
    2017 Mirage - track project and DD
    1990 Talon TSi - E3 16G turbo, FIC 980s, 27psi, DSMlink, tons of mods. The heartbreaker.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    "Project Blasphemy" - great nickname!

If I recall correctly, didn't you say you have raced your Mirage on a track? What tracks and how were your results? I thought you mentioned a drag racing track...

Edit - found it:

Quote Originally Posted by Powershiftmatt View Post
    intake air temps dropped 51 degrees and my quarter mile pull went from 17.2@66 to 16.6@72. No other changes. I run at Norwalk (summit Motorsport park) and MCIR/LaRue.
    16.6 second quarter mile?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Has anyone out there pushed the 392 with extreme turbo boost, say >15psi? Do we really know at what point the engine grenades from stress?

I'm amazed a Hayabusa can produce 500hp with massive boost and from what I gather, a stock bottom end. Perhaps our 3 cylinder wonder is capable of 2-300hp with enough boost.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Has anyone out there pushed the 392 with extreme turbo boost, say >15psi? Do we really know at what point the engine grenades from stress?

I'm amazed a Hayabusa can produce 500hp with massive boost and from what I gather, a stock bottom end. Perhaps our 3 cylinder wonder is capable of 2-300hp with enough boost.
    I’ll be pushing the engine; 8 psi to start. It’ll have head studs and a stock bottom end. It’s an open deck motor on cast rods so I have no idea what the limit is, but I’ll find it lol.
    1990 Talon TSi - E3 16G turbo, FIC 980s, 27psi, DSMlink, tons of mods. The heartbreaker.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post

I haven’t had this particular car on the track yet, but those are the tracks I frequent. My times were using draggy