Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost bought a Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Why not buy a new one? Believe it or not there are some 2015's still floating around brand new that I bet you could offer some ridiculously low price on. Check out this list.

https://www.autolist.com/listings#la...tion%5B%5D=new
    Lol guess they never want to sell them. You can find new 2019's for less haha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just to close the loop on this story, it doesn't look like a Mirage is in my immediate future (knock on wood) because I bought a 2019 Kia Rio S hatchback last weekend. It's a little bittersweet because this forum is a MAJOR point in favor of the Mirage and I enjoy lurking here.

The forums for the Rio and the Hyundai Accent (virtually the same car), by contrast, are largely empty.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mainertodd For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (09-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mainertodd View Post
    Just to close the loop on this story, it doesn't look like a Mirage is in my immediate future (knock on wood) because I bought a 2019 Kia Rio S hatchback last weekend. It's a little bittersweet because this forum is a MAJOR point in favor of the Mirage and I enjoy lurking here.

The forums for the Rio and the Hyundai Accent (virtually the same car), by contrast, are largely empty.
    Post some pics of your new ride and give us your take on it. We are automotive enthusiasts

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sure thing! The car is mainly for another family member, but I'm driving it a couple days this week to get a feel for it. I'll post my driving impressions of it later this week, but in the meantime here are a couple pictures. Inventory was very low, so it was basically a choice between black and white, neither of which is my favorite color. Fortunately, I think it looks pretty nice in white. Rio hatchbacks are monospec in the US, so no alloy wheels, sadly.

Name:  DSC06451.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  88.6 KB

Name:  DSC06401.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  DSC06408.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  95.2 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Does that have a CVT or a traditional automatic?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's a 2019, so it has a traditional 6-speed automatic. The engine's an updated version of the 1.6L GDI engine they used in the last generation--apparently the updates were to improve fuel economy (and also, I assume, to address a pinging issue that some previous-gen cars encountered).

For the 2020 model year, they're moving to a new engine, one of their new "Smartstream engines" with multiport injection, and the new Hyundai/Kia CVT. If that new engine/transmission combo is reliable, it should be terrific--it gets 5 MPG better than the 2019, I think. However, I'm cautious when it comes to technology and decided it was better to stick with the old drivetrain.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mainertodd View Post
    It's a 2019, so it has a traditional 6-speed automatic.

...I'm cautious when it comes to technology and decided it was better to stick with the old drivetrain.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah...I would have done the same thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks nice. Keep us posted on what mileage you get. I like white alot actually. I would have got a mirage in white but the se manual was slim pickins so I got black. Gets dirty driving just 37 feet. Lol
    White masks dirt and scratches and is cooler in summer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not a fan of KIA but at least you got a traditional automatic transmission. I don't trust a CVT transmission. Now a 6 speed automatic, that sound efficient!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Here we go with all the dog piling on the CVT7.......sucks there's not more confidence for CVT owners on this forum.