Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking of buying....

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2029 View Post
    I really don't wanna wait. Kinda need a car right now as my current one is not really a daily driver.
    Enjoy your new Spark, Jim2029. Right on going with a 5 speed.

I'm sure there is a Spark Forum online somewhere. Another thing, for all of us Mirage owners, it would be neat to hear how you're liking your new ride! I don't know much about the Spark.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Screw it man, just get the CVT, your ole lady will thank you for it. Besides we need more CVT folks on here commenting lol. ��
    I learned how to drive manual when I was 13 or 14 by watching what my parents did with their feet/pedals in relation to the shifts in their new Suzuki Swift GTi. I've been a die hard manual drive, always buying manual when I could, which has been the past 11 years worth of cars. The latest was a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, I bought new in July 2013. Got rear ended by a Wrangler and totaled out in March of this year. Had a 2019 GMC Terrain as a rental for 3 weeks, and then bought a 1997 Corolla beater for an interim car. Both auto. At this point, I'm doing delivery full time for Amazon with the Flex program. I recently moved from the Seattle area to the Portland area, and when it came time to get a G4, as much as I loved how the manual drove, I just didn't want a manual in the Portland bridge traffic. Plus the lack of cruise (I was looking at and purchased a new 2018 leftover from several they had). I got mine 13 days ago and have put on almost 1300 miles doing delivery plus a road trip out to the Oregon coast (26 to 101 to 6 back to 26 for those out here). The more I drive the CVT and the more I utilized the Ds mode, the more I love this car and the transmission. To me, it's what a 'manumatic' should be like. Sometimes I just want a quick, controlled downshift. The CVT (and assuming the computer that goes with it? Not a mechanical guy here) really works beautifully with the engine. Flipping back and forth between D and Ds is so much freaking fun. I've had the car through twisties and then just cruising full out on the Interstate. This thing LOVES to get right up to 6K rpms, and even has a higher red line than my Abarth did! I'm so so so so glad I got the CVT. Nowadays with apps/websites like Turo, if I get the stick shift itch, I can go rent something fun for the day

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
    I learned how to drive manual when I was 13 or 14 by watching what my parents did with their feet/pedals in relation to the shifts in their new Suzuki Swift GTi. I've been a die hard manual drive, always buying manual when I could, which has been the past 11 years worth of cars. The latest was a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, I bought new in July 2013. Got rear ended by a Wrangler and totaled out in March of this year. Had a 2019 GMC Terrain as a rental for 3 weeks, and then bought a 1997 Corolla beater for an interim car. Both auto. At this point, I'm doing delivery full time for Amazon with the Flex program. I recently moved from the Seattle area to the Portland area, and when it came time to get a G4, as much as I loved how the manual drove, I just didn't want a manual in the Portland bridge traffic. Plus the lack of cruise (I was looking at and purchased a new 2018 leftover from several they had). I got mine 13 days ago and have put on almost 1300 miles doing delivery plus a road trip out to the Oregon coast (26 to 101 to 6 back to 26 for those out here). The more I drive the CVT and the more I utilized the Ds mode, the more I love this car and the transmission. To me, it's what a 'manumatic' should be like. Sometimes I just want a quick, controlled downshift. The CVT (and assuming the computer that goes with it? Not a mechanical guy here) really works beautifully with the engine. Flipping back and forth between D and Ds is so much freaking fun. I've had the car through twisties and then just cruising full out on the Interstate. This thing LOVES to get right up to 6K rpms, and even has a higher red line than my Abarth did! I'm so so so so glad I got the CVT. Nowadays with apps/websites like Turo, if I get the stick shift itch, I can go rent something fun for the day
    Just maintain as best you can and pray to the car gods you can hit 150k troublefree lol. Of course my issue is I read too much about Nissan owners a a few Mitsu owners too, that they got real screwed having the CVT burn out, forgetting that the majority never experience this. So they dont post about it and in return I never get to read their opinions.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
    This thing LOVES to get right up to 6K rpms, and even has a higher red line than my Abarth did! I'm so so so so glad I got the CVT. Nowadays with apps/websites like Turo, if I get the stick shift itch, I can go rent something fun for the day
    I can honestly say my Mirage has never been pushed anywhere near 6,000 rpm on the tach, nor will it ever be. I can't imagine doing that while rowing through the gears on my manual at least, & I don't feel like I drive like an old grandma either.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I can honestly say my Mirage has never been pushed anywhere near 6,000 rpm on the tach, nor will it ever be.
    While I can't say if I've hit the rev limiter I'm pretty sure I've gotten at least to 6,000 RPM. I wasn't exactly looking at the tachometer at the time haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)