Thread: Rockauto sells Power Stop truck brakes for a Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Rockauto sells Power Stop truck brakes for a Mirage

I ordered a power stop daily driver rotor and pad kit for a 2017 Mirage. When the box arrived I knew something was wrong as soon as I picked it up. It weighed far to much to be 2 rotors and pads for our little cars. The rotors looked about right but I really have no way to tell because I have a 2015 and my rotors are smaller. I bought some 2017 caliper brackets from a junkyard and was trying to upgrade to a 2017 front brake package. The pads are HUGE! I have a 2015 Ram 1500 and the pads on my truck are not this big. You can see from the picture just how big they are.

First I checked the web site to make sure I ordered the right part. I did in fact order a pad and rotor kit for a 2017 Mirage. The Pads have the right part number on the pads the box and the order sheet but they are just wrong. Here is the thing that really pissed me off. I contacted Rockauto and they admit that it looks like I ordered the right part but I still have to pay half to ship it back. And they don't have the right pads. I kept the rotors just because I didn't want to pay to ship them back too. I do believe they are the right rotors.

Just a warning to anyone that wants to order Power Stop rotor and pad kits.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  98.3 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  94.5 KB
    Name:  4 .jpg
Views: 802
Size:  103.6 KB

Last edited by flotownj; 08-16-2019 at 11:43 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flotownj For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-16-2019),Fummins (08-16-2019),Top_Fuel (08-16-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post
    The pads are HUGE...You can see from the picture just how big they are.
    Unless your Mirage came with 6 piston calipers I'd say something isn't right there for sure!

I contacted Rockauto and they admit that it looks like I ordered the right part but I still have to pay half to ship it back.
    That sucks. Thanks for the heads-up. I wish Rock Auto would introduce some way to comment on parts purchased. Most of my experiences with them have been positive. But a few parts I wouldn't want anyone to touch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've seen Rockauto posting on here a few time. What say you Rockauto??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So who makes some good brake pads LOL. I need some!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I recently put on Raybestos Element3 EHT hybrid pads and I really like them. They have more stopping power than my old ceramic pads, and they are quiet. I'm not sure about brake dust yet as it's only been a few weeks. The price was dirt cheap for them too which made me skeptical. So far I am very happy though and I would definitely buy them again.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ecommendations
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (08-17-2019)

I'm gonna guess that it's not rockauto's fault but powerstop's. The part number on the pads looks to be the right number for the Mirage. The different pads I've used over the years always had the part number 1731 in it somewhere. I don't think it's right that you'd have to pay a dime for return shipping on parts that are boxed wrong. I'd call and ask them to open a raybestos brand for the same car and compare it with the powerstop brand they have on hand and see wth is up. But maybe the have a call center in india?

Here's a long winded story. Just yesterday I ran into a problem with an SKF bearing. I needed a rear wheel bearing for a g500. The Skf part listed on rock auto was a gwr239. The bearing was way too small. The dimensions on rock auto were correct for that bearing but the application was wrong. I eventually found a cross reference from a National bearing number to skf and came up with a gwr329. It was a perfect fit. I'm guessing someone at skf was a little dyslexic that day? The number they list for the g500 also showed as fitting a focus as well as sprinter van, which the later is probably correct.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I emailed Power Stop and they made it right!

They are sending me out the correct brake pads. Part number Z23-1731. Hopefully they get it updated on all the web sites. Its wrong on Rock Auto and Power Stops web sites. When ever I get them and install everything I will let you all know how they work.

Name:  2019-08-19_12-24-44.png
Views: 450
Size:  15.2 KB

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flotownj For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-19-2019),Fummins (08-19-2019),Mark (08-19-2019),Top_Fuel (08-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Woohoo. Isn't it nice when a company fesses up and does the right thing? Very cool.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

flotownj (08-19-2019)