Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a new style of Enasave!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Found a new style of Enasave!

I was inspecting one of my test trucks and found that a spare had been fitted...

Name:  IMG_6350.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  94.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6355.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  98.0 KB

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-17-2019),dspace9 (08-17-2019),MetroMPG (08-20-2019),Top_Fuel (08-17-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I was inspecting one of my test trucks and found that a spare had been fitted...
    That's cool Basic. Dunlop must use the Enasave name across a pretty wide swath of tire sizes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Basic...here's a legit tire question while you're here...

Why are there standardized rolling resistance ratings for commercial truck tires, but not for passenger car tires?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

Why are there standardized rolling resistance ratings for commercial truck tires, but not for passenger car tires?
    Simply because there isn't infrastructure to enforce it realistically. If the trucking industry they have to pass DOT regulations on a multitude of things, tires being one.

EDIT: Upon rereading your question, I think I misread it originally. May I ask you to clarify what you mean by ratings?
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (08-17-2019)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

There is, but the rating system has not been adopted in all parts of the planet yet!

See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyre_label

This system lets you compare rollresistance, wet braking, and noise level.

You could look up Reifendirect.de or any other European source and compare tyre specs.
    Costs nothing, but then you may not have access to the better sort of tyres common in countries with mandatory labeling. In those countries, tyres with inferior specs don't sell well at all, so makers have to get rid of their stocks elsewhere. Generally the better makers will put those tyre labels on all their products, regardless of where they are being exported to.

Sometimes it takes ages for the obvious to be adopted. The Universal Metric System, for example. Only North Korea, Liberia and the USA have not adopted it yet, although the world standard was established in 1861.
    Last edited by foama; 08-17-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I believe the model of Enasave on our cars is technically the "Enasave 01 A/S". Looks like Dunlop uses that branding on other of their LRR models as well.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I believe the model of Enasave on our cars is technically the "Enasave 01 A/S". Looks like Dunlop uses that branding on other of their LRR models as well.
    What is LRR model? Sorry thanks Cobrajet

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    What is LRR model? Sorry thanks Cobrajet
    "Low Rolling Resistance". Energy efficient tires.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-17-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    "Low Rolling Resistance". Energy efficient tires.
    I see. So Low Rolling Resistance is kinda the same as saying small, skinny tires for fuel economy. People always comment on how small my Mirage's tires look.

I've had the Dunlops and now I have Bridgestone Potenza's on my Mirage. The Potenza's will squeal all the way to 100 km's an hour if I want them to - car's not broken, the alignment etc is fine, and they have 50% wear left. It's just the Bridgestones do grip different than the Dunlops did.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post

Sometimes it takes ages for the obvious to be adopted. The Universal Metric System, for example. Only North Korea, Liberia and the USA have not adopted it yet, although the world standard was established in 1861.
    Canada was imperial, and now is officially metric. But many people in Canada still say 80 degrees for a good warm pool temperature, or 6'1 for my height, yet I don't know my height in cm's. 179 cm's tall I think. People use inches and 5/8" inch more than they would say 1.5 cm's or whatever it is.

Weird mix around here, with the USA being so nearby where I live in Ontario.. like they have Tim Horton's in Michigan, and Home Depot in Ontario. Or family in USA and Canada like me, as well as Holland.

Last edited by dspace9; 08-17-2019 at 12:14 PM.