Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anywhere ignorant yanks and cads dont venture
    Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Oil filter sandwich adapter

Hey all. Need a little advice.

To cut a long story short. Due to circumstances beyond my control. Definitely not involving my better half. Iv'e lost my bottom fender grill. I was just going to whip up a mesh replacement. I thought to myself with the effort of removing the bumper & an oil/filter change due. I may aswell do something different & fire an oil cooler in there.

My question is. What Pipe fitments/sanwhich plate would be best suited to the mirage? Can aquire three flavours. AN6,8 or 10.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I can't say I see a need for a 70hp engine and an oil cooler. Most of us try, all year, to have our cars run warmer, not colder. Heck mine has a partial grille block when its 30 degrees out. I go full block as soon as it dips below 15.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    I can't say I see a need for a 70hp engine and an oil cooler. Most of us try, all year, to have our cars run warmer, not colder. Heck mine has a partial grille block when its 30 degrees out. I go full block as soon as it dips below 15.
    Sigh. That's about what i expected here.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydaredevil View Post
    Sigh. That's about what i expected here.
    If one of the guys who races his calls it a non concern, that's a bit different than the usual response, to which your post would make perfect sense.

But, no. Not for a stock Mirage, and certainly not for a Mirage that sees, at worst, 150km/h rips now and then.

Get the car warm, and monitor oil temperatures on a 0-180kmh burn. It, doesnt get that hot. Even on repeated lap over lap track abuse, it's not high on the list of concerns, for these cars at least.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    If one of the guys who races his calls it a non concern, that's a bit different than the usual response, to which your post would make perfect sense.

But, no. Not for a stock Mirage, and certainly not for a Mirage that sees, at worst, 150km/h rips now and then.

Get the car warm, and monitor oil temperatures on a 0-180kmh burn. It, doesnt get that hot. Even on repeated lap over lap track abuse, it's not high on the list of concerns, for these cars at least.

Cucks! Cucks everywhere. An 6,8 OR 10 SIMPLE ****ING QUESTION! I DONT CARE HOW AN, YOUR WIFES CAD ***** IS. wtf are you pricks on? You could of said AN 8. go for it. but no. gotta be pricks about everything. Oh..... im getting 1 mpg less. lets put a ****ing plastic plate over the front of the car! No wonder the Asiacom hates your ****ing guts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jerseydaredevil For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-19-2019)

Cucks! Cucks everywhere. An 6,8 OR 10 SIMPLE ****ING QUESTION! I DONT CARE HOW AN, YOUR WIFES CAD ***** IS. wtf are you pricks on? You could of said AN 8. go for it. but no. gotta be pricks about everything. Oh..... im getting 1 mpg less. lets put a ****ing plastic plate over the front of the car! No wonder the Asiacom hates your ****ing guts
    Sounds like someone's grumpy. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets fan mail.

Anyways. I'm guessing engrish is your second language? Can you explain the first 3 sentences? They don't make sense to me. Why bash people for trying to get good economy? And wth is Asiacom? Is that like asian version of KKK? Anywho.... I look forward to your reply
    Last edited by Fummins; 08-19-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: I see you watching :)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (08-23-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Bad air out, good air in dude. You're gonna get some snark for advocating for a add on that is almost certainly unnecessary. But hey, if it's something you want to do then awesome. Just don't expect it to revolutionize the Mirage ownership experience worldwide. After you complete the mod if you decide to go through with it, report back with your findings.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

jerseydaredevil (08-19-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Nice knowing ya. Don't think the admin will let you stay for long. Also I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.

Thanks for the laugh though!
    Last edited by nickels; 08-19-2019 at 10:21 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-20-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    **** this forum! full of condescending pricks. Exept TOPFuel. Thanks for the info.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    **** this forum! full of condescending pricks. Exept TOPFuel. Thanks for the info.
    Just for the record, I sort of like all the "condescending pricks" on this forum! I hate to rank them all, but some are better at it than others. I enjoy watching/reading Fummins stir the pot, too! He'll probably out live all of us, because of that.

I totally get what you mean about Top_Fuel. He's one of my favorite members, too! Whether it's an upgrade to 15" wheels, adding an engine block heater, or TPMS options, he's the man! Seriously, he's great! Then again, I also like Scotty Kilmer!

Obviously, no one had a really good answer to original question. Not sure that makes everyone lame, but it surely wasn't what you were looking for. I think that could have been said a little better, but that's just my opinion. The world is full of imperfect people, & I put myself at the top of that list. I don't really care to be around those, who don't see themselves on that same list.

I learned something today. If you don't spell out your words completely, almost anything can be said. I am bit disappointed in that. I expected a little better. I'm glad this wasn't my first day visiting the forum. If you are one of those people, please don't judge this forum by this thread.

Tomorrow is a new day!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-21-2019),Top_Fuel (08-21-2019)