Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rod-rattle at hot startup fixed....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm thoughtful like that.
    Thoughtful or sorry for all us backwards folks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    America: refusing the metric system since 1975!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3banger View Post
    If you know how to change oil and can do it yourself you are better off in the long run. If you research Kendall full synthetic you will see that it is highly rated, right along with Royal Purple, Amsoil, and Mobil 1.

In fact there are YouTube videos that test Kendall oil and the Motorcraft filter. They actually cut the filter in half and rate the filter material, pleats, bypass valve and ADBV.

3banger
    Prior to your post, I never heard of Kendall oil before. Today I noticed our Mobil 1 Lube Express in town is now a Kendall Motor Oil Express Lube. It's a town about 5,000. It's our only express lube place, & it's selling/using Kendall oil. Imagine that!

They have two stalls to work on cars. The other stalls are part of the cash wash. I actually turned around to take a pic!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    There are YouTube videos that show different full-synthetic oils being tested. Kendall was in the top five oils that scored high.
    It's much cheaper than Mobile 1.
    I don't go by mileage when I change oil. I use color and smell. Once it becomes opaque I change it.

3banger

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3banger View Post
    There are YouTube videos that show different full-synthetic oils being tested. Kendall was in the top five oils that scored high.
    It's much cheaper than Mobile 1.
    I don't go by mileage when I change oil. I use color and smell. Once it becomes opaque I change it.

3banger
    Just looking at Kendall's website, they have some history in the motor oil industry. Their two finger symbol relates to producing the first motor oil that could go 2,000 miles. That's tells you how much products have changed! They also claim to be the first to market 10W-30 motor oil. Some sources connect them to Motorcraft oils, but they are definitely a part of Phillips 66 today. The bottom of their website connects them to Phillips 66, & even this new Lube Express in my area displays Phillips 66 on their sign.

I have no doubt Kendall is a quality oil, too!