Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: led lights on rockauto

Country
    United States
    Thanks

led lights on rockauto

rock has a led replacement for anything except headlights. anyone have any experience with them? im thinking about replacing all the bulbs and if the wiring is already attached to the fake fender vents getting those signal lights also.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...920&cc=3309833

here is a link to the cargo area bulb

Experience with rockauto or led bulbs? I've bought from rockauto in the past with no issues.
    As far as led bulbs go some have had some issues running led's in certain places if they aren't canbus compatible. I found this https://www.rockauto.com/genImages/6...ancellerV2.pdf

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...to-malfunction
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (08-21-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Experience with rockauto or led bulbs?
    led bulbs specifically

I posted the one link where someone had issues. Some led's are ok some aren't. The one's that aren't will throw codes and may cause drive ability issues. Someone with actual experience should answer soon enough. Or try searching led?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I posted the one link where someone had issues. Some led's are ok some aren't. The one's that aren't will throw codes and may cause drive ability issues. Someone with actual experience should answer soon enough. Or try searching led?
    i read those links and some other stuff about canbus lights. seems like id need to find specific bulbs or install that cea device from the rockauto link. which doesnt look to difficult.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i went ahead and bought the white phillips led

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...988&cc=3309833

it was a little difficult to install. the normal bulb has flattened ends that fit into the socket easier. the led has a more rounded ends and may be the tiniest bit larger making it a dexterity test to install.

no electrical problems right away. turned it on while parked, driving around 25mph then around 55mph l and reversing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hey benwerks what do you think about that new PHILIPS DE3175WLED bulb - is it brighter? What about color? I wonder if that would be a replacement for the forward dome lamp.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey benwerks what do you think about that new PHILIPS DE3175WLED bulb - is it brighter? What about color? I wonder if that would be a replacement for the forward dome lamp.
    i think it works better than the incandescent stock bulb. its is much brighter, the white light isnt harsh on your eyes in the dark, and it lights up instantly.

i replaced the dome bulb with the one i bought and its going strong so far. the part numbers for the bulbs on rockauto where the same so i think the bulbs are interchangeable. im going to switch out the trunk/cargo light with my next parts shipment and report back.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by benwerks View Post
    i think it works better than the incandescent stock bulb. its is much brighter, the white light isnt harsh on your eyes in the dark, and it lights up instantly.

i replaced the dome bulb with the one i bought and its going strong so far. the part numbers for the bulbs on rockauto where the same so i think the bulbs are interchangeable. im going to switch out the trunk/cargo light with my next parts shipment and report back.
    We should have links for all of these, assuming they work without issue.

I replaced my headlights with LEDs, and the only side-effect is slightly-decreased radio reception when they are on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    We should have links for all of these, assuming they work without issue.

I replaced my headlights with LEDs, and the only side-effect is slightly-decreased radio reception when they are on.
    after reading a little bit more on here about LED headlights I'm very interested in switching mine out