Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
The Mirage is a fine car. I think my old Metros are more enjoyable and are just as reliable and fuel efficient. But for new cars offered today the Mirage does stand out as a top pick for sure.

If you are able to pay cash certainly go for it! I have zero credit history, except a credit card that I pay in full each month. I've had it 4 years and my credit score is about 800. I'm sure you already know a credit score is how well someone can live with debt, not how good one is with money. Not needing the banks permission to buy makes so much more sense !

I've never understood that. A 3 cylinder Mirage or Geo Metro can cruise at 90 mph if desired, 95 or 100 even. Beyond 100 just about anywhere is the possibility of spending a night in jail. Then too, if you're going on a 2000 mile roadtrip 50 mpg sounds alot better than 20...

Taking a dealer loan to get a promotional price, and paying it off days later to not have to pay any interest... That basically counts as buying outright in my book.

Yikes, I paid like 5K less for half the miles, perfect condition, and knowing it's entire history in detail. Personally if I wasn't interested in perfect condition I wouldn't have batted an eye on getting another Metro for a grand. I think expensive used cars make little sense. The uncertainty of used, most the expense of new.

Which by the way, I may be buying another Metro soon. They're just so fun . I really don't need more cars though.
The metro is cool but a complete death trap even compared to the mirage

How is getting 500 dollars to finance and paying it off a few days later the same as buying outright? Yeah it's the same, except for the 500.00 discount part lol