Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Ireland
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Will buy a Mirage soon.

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum.

I will be migrating to the US in the next couple of months, in Florida to be specific. I'm aware that having a car is a necessity in the US, and after months of research on what car to buy, I'm really decided to buy a Mirage. Like you guys, I giggle when in fact I drive the car the makes the most sense. Cheap, and economical that gets you to your destination reliably - you don't need anything more than that. I love driving, and driving a stick makes it more enjoyable and because of that, I'm leaning towards buying the '19 ES trim.

I'm buying brand new. There is just a feeling of peace when you know that your car won't break down anytime soon, because you know that you've changed your engine oil at proper intervals. Not to mention other maintenance a car owner MUST do. I'm a responsible car owner by the way - mostly DIY's.

SO yeah, I've checked car gurus and there is this dealer a few miles from my future location, It's called Daytona Mitsubishi. Apparently they have the best price of a brand new '19 ES manual in the US. only at less than 9k (of course plus dealer fees and etc). Obviously since I'm new to the US, I dont qualify for any rebate or discounts out there (like military, or loyalty) and will just rely on the manufacturer's discount which currently is at $500. It is also mentioned in the dealer's website that I must finance from them, to be able to get the discount. So again, I have no credit history, so there is very little chance that I can get a good deal out of a finance (if ever i will be approved for a finance in the first place). For those reasons, I'm planning to buy the car in cash. (please don't lecture me about getting a finance to build my credit, I'm a firm believer of David Ramsey which means I'm not a fan of having debt)

Do you think I can get a good cash deal? I'm hoping for an $11k out the door. Is that possible? Anybody here bought the car in cash?

Thanks in advance!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageNewbie For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-24-2019)