Thread: has anyone installed power door locks In the front

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

has anyone installed power door locks In the front

I've got the base model, there was not much I wanted for the 4k to upgrade for the options..
    But I miss power door locks and cruise control.
    Anyone try to install used power door locks into the base model? Or even after the market ones?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Interesting yours don't have it. My "stripped naked 1.0L model" has power door locking and a remote door opener too.

There are several universal power door lock gadgets including remotes on Yeepay for just a few bucks. Have a look online and you will find.

I was wondering if anyone has tried to install oem power locks in a base model Mirage yet? Right now a new base model Mirage ES (in Canada) has bluetooth and ac as standard equipment but still has manual locks and only front power windows. To get Keyless entry/power locks you have to jump up two trim levels to the SE trim which is another $2100. I'm really curious if it'd be possible to just plug replace the door harness, switches, door latches(with lock motor built in), and add rear regulators? But to get the keyless entry to work you'd probably have to either replace the etacs or similar module and/or have it programmed/enabled?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    except Quebec,
    there you can add all features, es plus model.

Quote Originally Posted by x111951753 View Post
    except Quebec,
    there you can add all features, es plus model.
    So you're telling me Mitsubishi Canada sells a special trim package just for Quebec?

Yeah I knew about the Es plus model sold in all of Canada... All of our 2015, 2017 and I believe 2019 Mirages are es models with the plus package(bluetooth, keyless entry and ac) they quit offering it in Canada a couple years ago. Look it up,

Attachment 23180
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-06-2022 at 10:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-30-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has tried to install oem power locks in a base model Mirage yet? Right now a new base model Mirage ES (in Canada) has bluetooth and ac as standard equipment but still has manual locks and only front power windows. To get Keyless entry/power locks you have to jump up two trim levels to the SE trim which is another $2100. I'm really curious if it'd be possible to just plug replace the door harness, switches, door latches(with lock motor built in), and add rear regulators? But to get the keyless entry to work you'd probably have to either replace the etacs or similar module and/or have it programmed/enabled?
    I have the $60 amazon.ca aftermarket system in my poverty edition. i put photos up somewhere on here. I already had system installed when i bought the car. I imagine you'd only have to replace the latch itself. The wiring plug was there when i checked. the regulator is built into the latch. i personally wouldn't bother with adding in the buttons. Another big expenditure would be replacing the keys with ones that have buttons or finding some sort of remote that works with the car. OEM keys from a dealer are big money...

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos