Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: nameless :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    nameless
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    blue
    5 speed

base model without any options

Details

lower grille and letter slot partially blocked (depending on outside air temps), hood gap sealed with bicycle inner tube and pipe insulation, fog light gaps covered in aluminum tape from the inside

LED bulbs at parking/side marker/license plate lights

Weathertech side window deflectors

antenna removed

removed back seat for sleeping/hauling capacity

added sound deadening material to back seat/trunk area and hatch door (Protecto-Wrap)

Weathertech front floor mats

ScangaugeII, flash drive loaded with music attached to the USB port in the glove box

•  

warm air intake made of 3" dryer duct running from intake snout to exhaust manifold heat shield, wrapped in duct insulation

also insulated the intake tube and airbox

engine blanket

Ultra Racing rear anti-sway bar purchased from Evan at NextGenTuning.com

stock steel wheels have holes covered with aluminum tape, smooth wheel covers made by Hella

Comments: 35 / Views: 42022
    Hope you don't mind I copied the sway bar review posts to a separate thread to get some more eyeballs on it:

Thread: UR rear sway bar / stabilizer bar review

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

fifteenwindow (04-02-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    fifteenwindow, What exactly was involved when you removed the back seat?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Get your 14mm wrench and socket out. Fold the seats forward and start unbolting the seat brackets and seat belts from the rear platform. The seat back comes out in one piece, so it'll be easier if you get your buddy to help you lift it out of the car, but you can do it yourself, too. It's just awkward.

I cut some cardboard to fit the space, then covered that with a blanket and a tablecloth so it looks like a cushion. I also put a little cardboard as spacers up where the seat bench was, to level it out.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by fifteenwindow; 07-25-2014 at 10:59 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome!!! This will be perfect with that seat outta there. It is just me and the wife so there is no need for that extra seat. I would definitely prefer a completely flat surface to work with. I just got done putting the back seats in my mazda van which have been out for the whole time I owned it(10+years). All we needed was the front two. Now hopefully they look at the backseats and say hey, these are new, I'll give him alot for his trade!! Thanks again for the info and wish me luck on the trade in. By this time next week I will probably be driving a new Mirage with no back seat!

I meant to do a DIY thread on this with pics when I had the loaner Mirage from Mitsu Canada, but I ran out of time.

I've owned so many little hatchbacks, and I've had the rear seats out of ALL of them at one point or another... either for extra cargo space, or weight reduction. (Does make it a bit louder in the cabin though.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice smooth wheel covers. They remind me of the electric cars that use them. If I ever need replacements, I'll go with them. My stock covers on the ES are the most aerodynamic of the factory trims.