Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I Hate About The Mirage.

Country
    UK
    Thanks

Things I Hate About The Mirage.

Well after nearly 4 months into Mirage ownership there are things I hate about the 4 wheeled chariot, here goes.

1. At certain times on a sunny day the bloody reflection from the dashboard onto the windshield is so annoying.

2. I keep getting the sodding keys out of my pocket only to then realise I don't need them. After 43 years of driving it will be a difficult habit to break.

3. Why is there not a dedicated pen holder? In the UK our Mirage's have a shelf just above the glove compartment where pens and odds & ends get dumped. Going over rough road means all on the shelf makes an awful racket.

I'm trying to think of more but I cannot. Now, if that's all I can bellyache about then it must mean it is a good little car.
    I don't do a Lewis Hamilton on our roads (but I can if needs be) so it's economical, (46mpg in town) and despite what some experts say it's quite quiet on a run at 70 mph, not as quiet as a Volvo but then not as expensive.

To summarise then, a good honest, cheap, reasonable car.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (08-26-2019),dspace9 (08-26-2019),Eggman (08-26-2019),MetroMPG (08-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    1. At certain times on a sunny day the bloody reflection from the dashboard onto the windshield is so annoying.
    I haven't noticed this myself. I don't suppose one's latitude affects this?

2. I keep getting the sodding keys out of my pocket only to then realise I don't need them. After 43 years of driving it will be a difficult habit to break.
    Ha. After three years of ownership I sometimes do this too.

3. Why is there not a dedicated pen holder? In the UK our Mirage's have a shelf just above the glove compartment where pens and odds & ends get dumped. Going over rough road means all on the shelf makes an awful racket.
    I know! To make things worse, some markets got this little shelf above the glove box.

To summarise then, a good honest, cheap, reasonable car.
    Yep - not too shabby at all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

itschad (08-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The cars without that little shelf are supposed to be safer. The reason they don't have the shelf is due to stricter safety standards, they have a thick metal bar right behind that area instead.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Gotta the windshield spotless and the dash cleaned well, often. For us taller folks it's not bad but yeah, theres a glare.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    My biggest gripe is lack of aftermarket parts making these cars dealer reliant! When I got my brakes down at a trusted shop, it took them six hours to find the correct parts. The front pads no problem replacing but the back drums was a nightmare. They used two different aftermarket drums that said they fit, they didnt. Finally the owner had to go to a Mitsubishi dealer and buy them himself. Losing money in the process. Considering the front pads do 80% of the braking, this will be the last time I change my drums.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-26-2019),grevster (08-27-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Also finding the correct size battery is a pain. I had one slightly taller put in. It fit, after a struggle, but needed a longer metal battery hold rod.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts

Polarized sunglasses will take care of that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    My biggest gripe is lack of aftermarket parts making these cars dealer reliant! When I got my brakes down at a trusted shop, it took them six hours to find the correct parts. The front pads no problem replacing but the back drums was a nightmare. They used two different aftermarket drums that said they fit, they didnt. Finally the owner had to go to a Mitsubishi dealer and buy them himself. Losing money in the process. Considering the front pads do 80% of the braking, this will be the last time I change my drums.
    It's the shoes you most likely replaced, not the drums. Suprised the shoes would be worn out already? How much material was left? I'm sure they are cheap on rock auto

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well after nearly 4 months into Mirage ownership there are things I hate about the 4 wheeled chariot, here goes.

My gripes with my 2014 Mirage ES manual base--

1. No feel to the steering at low speeds. Where are my wheels?

2. Stalls very easy.

3. Getting into reverse is near impossible. Takes 5 tries to get it into reverse. Good thing the turning radius is amazing.

Most of my gripes are with my manual transmission, and I tell people I love my 5 speed manual. I do and I don't.
    Last edited by dspace9; 08-26-2019 at 04:03 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    It's the shoes you most likely replaced, not the drums. Suprised the shoes would be worn out already? How much material was left? I'm sure they are cheap on rock auto
    Your right, it was the shoes and they were worn thin probably due to previous owner riding the brakes all the time. The brake guy said thankfully, just replace front pads
    when needed and dont worry about the drums for 100k miles. It was a fiasco.