Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone from US/2014 Cloud White Mirage ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello everyone from US/2014 Cloud White Mirage ES

Hi everyone. I just recently got my Mirage on 11/13/13. I got a Cloud White ES with manual trans. I bought the car with the exterior package but the dealer that I bought from messed up and didnt install it like they promised. I unfortunately had an AWFUL buying experience getting this car because of the dealer. But in the end I was just happy to get my Mirage. So, basically I had to install the exterior package myself. Wasn't too difficult. I am currently in Oklahoma City, OK, but I am from Houston, TX. I moved up here for my job working for Eskridge Lexus as a technician. My shop is where I mostly work on my Mirage and this is actually my fourth one. I still have my 2000 Mirage 4G93 sedan. I am really excited to see, however, what we will be able to do with these Mirages in the future. Here is mine from when I first got it to how I currently have it.

These were taken when I first went to pick up my car.

Pics taken when I was checking it out at my job.

After installing the exterior package and painting the body side moldings white.

After blacking out the front bumper and fog light housings.

And installing the 3000k bulbs.

I just finished applying the yellow fog light tint but havent gotten any pictures uploaded yet. And still have a few more plans as far as exterior mods. Let me know what you guys think!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ShiroMirage For This Useful Post:

Darkfly600 (11-28-2013),fifteenwindow (12-03-2013),GrnBn (07-22-2014),MetroMPG (11-27-2013),spacester (11-27-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Beautiful. Nice touches.

Welcome, Shiro.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    since you're a mechanic, and since you've inspected the car in detail, and since you have driven one, and since you own one, what are your impressions so far? welcome to the site

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. Well, when I first test drove the Mirage in October, unfortunately for me, they only had automatic CVTs. So my first impressions weren't so great. The comfort wasn't too bad. (Though I feel like my expectations may have been a tad high since I drive Lexus cars all day) I was surprised on the amount of body roll there was, and the 3 cylinder engine of course didn't accelerate very well. That was until I drove the manual. I was actually shocked on how well the car picked up. The only problem was the gear ratios holding it back. Pushing it in first gear picks up really well until you get into second gear is when you notice the Mirage tend to fall flat on its face. Even getting close to redline, when getting into second gear the RPMs drop down to around 4k RPM, making it really difficult for the Mirage to get moving. The shifter, I wish felt a little better. My previous Mirages shifted so smoothly, but I'm not sure if that could be due to it currently being in its break-in period. So, basically the new Mirage isn't the best sports car. Lol. But it definitely saves so much more gas than my other Mirages. Of course it being a newer car, it feels much more comfortable as well. And I love the seats! The fabric is perfect, in my opinion. I much prefer it over leather. I love the smart key and push/start. And I found it hilarious that I was able to fill my tank from empty to full with just $20. Lol. I bought this car for a simple reason. To be my daily driver and retire my other Mirage from taking me everywhere. But, I still can't help but think about making this car perform better or being a bit faster. Lol. So from looking at it from underneath while on the lift. I found to be surprised as to how SMALL everything was. I mean, I knew it'd be a small car and have small components and all, but it was all definitely smaller than I had imagined. The CV axles are so TINY. Which made me wonder if making a lot of power would even be possible with this car without having to replace the axles. The rear torsion suspension set up was very simple. And the lack of there being a sway bar and more chassis stability helped me understand why there would be so much body roll. Of course, I'm sure the 165/65R14 size tires are accomplices to that as well. All in all, I think its a great car. I mean the car is VERY affordable and I feel that for the price, the Mirage offers a lot. And being the most fuel efficient non-hybrid vehicle in America, that doesn't sound so bad either.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    amazing pics!!

but i now see that the US model got a bigger bumper then we have !!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. Thanks for all the pics!

So, now that you got your fogs and exterior kit, what is next?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Great pics - those will be a good reference. Thanks a lot for posting them.

(I already noticed something I hadn't before: the underbody panels in the middle section of the car.)

How did you do the blacking out - Plasti-dip spray?

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    the exterior package looks great. I might look into this down the road.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    OMG am so jealous of your steering wheel. I asked the dealer in Europe but european model don't have neither audio control or cruise control on the steering wheel. We can't even get cruise control off factory!!!! THat is the reason I installed John Gold cruise control 3rd party. I would love off factory cruise control!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Welcome ShiroMirage and thanks for the great pics.