Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gawd Help Us. That Bloody Noise.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Filtron oil filters that Foama's suggesting are MANN + HUMMEL filters.

https://www.mann-hummel.com/en/areas...-for-vehicles/

In the states, I would buy a Purolator, WIX, or Bosch oil filter (all owned by MANN + HUMMEL).

If I lived in Europe, I would be buying the Filtron I guess.

If you can live with it as is, I would surely go back to 0W-20 & a good oil filter next time you have an oil change done.
    Thanks Mark. I've a "free" service due come December so I'm reliant upon what Mitsubishi throw at it.
    I will insist on 0w-20 blood for it though. Main agents are the worse for customer service, they lie & cheat. In the 70's I had a Mk3 Cortina (who didn't?) took it to Ford for a service, prior to taking it in I marked the oil filter with a hacksaw. THey even charged me 2p for a bonnet stay plastic grip, however, upon checking the car it hadn't had a new filter. I went back threatened all sorts of unpleasantries and finally got my money refunded and a free service. I just don't trust them.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Hey mate, give it a go! The Filtron OP575 is made differently than all others. In their Filtron facility, they use the same elastomer that is commonly used in the best radial shaft seals. Just about all other makers use simple, cheap rubber for the non-return valve, which doesn't do the job through the entire temperature range, and shall deform and fail rapidly.
    Filtron is just one of many brands of Mann & Hummel, but their Filtron plant is their most modern facility with the best equipment, most modern production methods, and latest materials. Each of their plants make filters slightly differently. You could have a sizeable selection of "the same" M&H filters in front of you, and yet see differently made products coming from different factories.
    Last edited by foama; 09-03-2019 at 04:44 PM.

I just use mitsubish filters without lifter noise on startup. A wix filter I installed on a truck last week said mann&hummel on it.
    I noticed the wive's kia now has some slight noise upon startup when cold. Just had a free oil change done last week.....I think I'll do the next one to see what filter they're using. The car has free oil changes for life like steve's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

itschad (09-04-2019)