Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Mirage Reliability: A story

  1. #11
    Senior Member Cobrajet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,228
    Thanks
    815
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The key is when we'll have CVT owners on here posting stories about their cars going over 175k miles with no transmission problems. I love my 5speed brothers on here for their wisdom and guidance, but I have to admit, I feel a little crestfallen when 90% of the post on here in regards to reliability come from manual owners. With the exception of Inviks & Fummins, there's just not that much written about CVT owners experiences. Now maybe thats a good thing being as no news is good news, but dammit there has to be somebody out there who drives for Uber like I do, with a CVT Mirage with over 175k miles on there ride! I guess Ill just have to wait a few more years.
    A buddy of mine bought a brand new '17 Mirage ES hatch with a CVT...on my recommendation. He has well over 100,000 short-trip, stop-and-go, in-town delivery miles on it now, and no trouble at all with the CVT.

    The car gets a lot of use, but Tim is really sticky about maintenance. Be like Tim.



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

    Dirk Diggler (09-07-2019)

  3. #12
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 119 Times in 105 Posts
    Great insights, as always. I figure full synthetic oil changes every 7500 miles, fresh CVT OEM fluid every 30k, paper CVT aux filter every 60k. Tires will be cheap 175 65 r14 every 2 years. More provocative decals.

  4. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Great insights, as always. I figure full synthetic oil changes every 7500 miles, fresh CVT OEM fluid every 30k, paper CVT aux filter every 60k.
    Thanks for this! This is my second brand new car. The first one, (2013 FIAT 500 Abarth) I did NOT take care of (bless that car, it survived me anyhow, it did NOT survive a rear ending from a Wrangler). So I've learned my lessons and I want to take full care of my G4, (Natasha, as in the spy from Rocky & Bullwinkle) and make it last as long as possible, for as cheap as possible. Having this intervals (as well as the recommend stuff in the little book??) will help me keep Natasha run smoothly for years to come!

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)


  5. #14
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 119 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
    Thanks for this! This is my second brand new car. The first one, (2013 FIAT 500 Abarth) I did NOT take care of (bless that car, it survived me anyhow, it did NOT survive a rear ending from a Wrangler). So I've learned my lessons and I want to take full care of my G4, (Natasha, as in the spy from Rocky & Bullwinkle) and make it last as long as possible, for as cheap as possible. Having this intervals (as well as the recommend stuff in the little book??) will help me keep Natasha run smoothly for years to come!
    Dont forget the provacative decals. Maybe Natasha on a stripper pole doing a double dutch windmill.

  6. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Dont forget the provacative decals. Maybe Natasha on a stripper pole doing a double dutch windmill.
    She's a lady. I'd have to probably pixalate. Family car and all. Hahahah. :P

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)


  7. #16
    Administrator MetroMPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    7,535
    Thanks
    2,983
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Thanks for the update, Don!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    Other than routine maintenance, Mitsuko has never been in the shop for anything. I get so annoyed when I see "auto experts" say this is one of worst cars you can buy.
    What pisses me off were the reviews that included a less-than-average "predicted reliability" score for the Mirage.

    Wrong.

    Thread: CarMD reliability & repair cost report: Mitsubishi & Mirage do well




        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •