Thanks

some current gas price numbers Canada and USA

from vancouvergasprices.com

Current average for Vancouver (my price): CAD/ltr : $1.47
    Canadian Average: CAD $1.15
    US Average: CAD $0.67 !!!
    California: CAD $0.95
    Oklahoma: CAD $0.59

Oklahoma pays today about what I paid when I was a teenager, many year ago.

Gee, the Canadian consumer sure does feel the advantage of having one of the world's largest oil reserves! /sarcasm

Here are some other prices, just for fun. The cheapest 3 nations are heavily subsidized. Then you get into the gulf states and the "stans".
    https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/
    https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/
    2014 White SE with CVT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to El Kapitan For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    That self-imposed 'carbon tax' is killing you guys. They tried that here in Washington State on the ballot in '18 (Initiative 1631), and even half of Seattlites balked at it.

The idea that new taxes today are going change the weather/climate tomorrow is one of the most absurd hustles in human history.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-17-2019),Top_Fuel (09-08-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    That self-imposed 'carbon tax' is killing you guys. They tried that here in Washington State on the ballot in '18 (Initiative 1631), and even half of Seattlites balked at it.

The idea that new taxes today are going change the weather/climate tomorrow is one of the most absurd hustles in human history.
    It's a cash grab. If they really cared about reducing emissions they would legislate other laws, in addition to taxing.
    Nobody knows where the money collected from the tax goes either.
    Fun fact: For the last decade, China has added more CO2 emissions than is produced by the entire country of Canada EVERY TWO YEARS! IOW, we could cut our emission to 0 and it would make practically no difference on a global scale. I wonder what Prime Minister Feminist would have to say about that.
    Even with all of that nonsense, I do think that we should continue to cut emissions as much as possible out of a sense of living clean.
    2014 White SE with CVT

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Kapitan For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (09-09-2019),Fummins (09-09-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post

Gee, the Canadian consumer sure does feel the advantage of having one of the world's largest oil reserves!

$0.98 /L near Sarnia, Ontario Canada on Wednesday. Will be $1.15 by Friday.

$2.69 a gallon in Port Huron, Michigan during my trip over the border last weekend. Honestly with conversion, the price difference between USA and Canada isn't that much (Ontario and Michigan anyways)

I don't mind paying high taxes, as long as we have Denmark-y health care, and not USA style.

Carbon tax might sound dumb, but I'm sure unleaded gas sounded dumb once.

It's ironic the Mitsubishi Mirage Forum isn't more pro-environmental generally.
    Last edited by dspace9; 09-08-2019 at 12:20 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    $0.98 /L near Sarnia, Ontario Canada on Wednesday. Will be $1.15 by Friday.

$2.69 a gallon in Port Huron, Michigan during my trip over the border last weekend. Honestly with conversion, the price difference between USA and Canada isn't that much (Ontario and Michigan anyways)

I don't mind paying high taxes, as long as we have Denmark-y health care, and not USA style.

Carbon tax might sound dumb, but I'm sure unleaded gas sounded dumb once.

It's ironic the Mitsubishi Mirage Forum isn't more pro-environmental generally.
    I cant speak for others but I didnt buy the Mirage to make some statement about the environment, I bought it because it was cheap and money is tight! lol I could care less about climate change, its going to happen sure, but I'd of been dead already for 200 years. No amount of carbon tax, hybrids, windpower, pampered hippies whinging, etc is going to change anything at this point. Its been established we are past the point of no return. So why keep taxing poor people? Sense of guilt? If the world was truly serious about saving our planet they would initiate a world wide program on the human population explosion, but that'd be political suicide for the West. Even though we all know its the REAL reason why the world is getting hotter, too many people using too many resources. This world wasnt meant to sustain 5 billion. If we were to impose worldwide ban on having more than 2 kids it would end our climate problems in 4 to 5 generations. Harsh, but the truth.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I cant speak for others but I didnt buy the Mirage to make some statement about the environment, I bought it because it was cheap and money is tight! lol I could care less about climate change, its going to happen sure, but I'd of been dead already for 200 years. No amount of carbon tax, hybrids, windpower, pampered hippies whinging, etc is going to change anything at this point. Its been established we are past the point of no return. So why keep taxing poor people? Sense of guilt? If the world was truly serious about saving our planet they would initiate a world wide program on the human population explosion, but that'd be political suicide for the West. Even though we all know its the REAL reason why the world is getting hotter, too many people using too many resources. This world wasnt meant to sustain 5 billion. If we were to impose worldwide ban on having more than 2 kids it would end our climate problems in 4 to 5 generations. Harsh, but the truth.
    Harsh maybe but there might be a point. I do think though people would be less poor if they bought vehicles that were efficient and smart, like the Mirage. Also if they knew Financial Common Sense 101. Money Mart is like the slavery of the West in the 21st century.

So to fight the current of stupid culture, It's just good "cents" to drive something like a Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That was part of my allure of this car. I suddenly realized that while I was getting good MPG with my 1997 Corolla, the quart of oil I was putting in bi weekly wasn't the greatest for the planet. And now, the more I drive this car (2300 miles in 3 weeks) the more I think this car is the perfect car for the vast majority. I'd honestly love to be an ambassador for this car. Not even trying, I get good MPG, but when I wanna compete with that ECO light, dang, those MPG's shoot up where I'd never thought. This car is where it's at!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
    That was part of my allure of this car. I suddenly realized that while I was getting good MPG with my 1997 Corolla, the quart of oil I was putting in bi weekly wasn't the greatest for the planet. And now, the more I drive this car (2300 miles in 3 weeks) the more I think this car is the perfect car for the vast majority. I'd honestly love to be an ambassador for this car. Not even trying, I get good MPG, but when I wanna compete with that ECO light, dang, those MPG's shoot up where I'd never thought. This car is where it's at!
    Every Mirage story is a bit different, but there is a common theme. Many Mirage owners soon realize this car is quite affordable, super reliable, & very economical. It's a pity that many self-proclaimed car experts don't recognize these qualities.

The Mirage may not be the perfect vehicle for everyone, but I truly embrace the excellent qualities of this small economy car, too!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Every Mirage story is a bit different, but there is a common theme. Many Mirage owners soon realize this car is quite affordable, super reliable, & very economical. It's a pity that many self-proclaimed car experts don't recognize these qualities.

The Mirage may not be the perfect vehicle for everyone, but I truly embrace the excellent qualities of this small economy car, too!
    The only thing critics are right about is, driving a small car you need to almost be more careful since you're so small in the Mirage. My Mirage over 5 and a half years driving the car, almost always 40+ mpg even 50+ mpg in the summer. Reliable yes, a bit noisy and not refined like a new Civic, or my friend's new Camry, but those cars are so low to the ground. Nobody talks about that part but a new Camry is hard to get in and out of.
    Last edited by dspace9; 09-08-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Lol...taxing people IS the point. Changing the weather 50 or 100 years from now is the excuse.