Thread: tpms programable sensors and clone tool

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Every shop I've worked at or visited small or big had at least one capable scan tool.
    Some newer Mitsubishi models are unusually challenging to get into "re-learn" mode...even for a good scan tool. Tools that work on Nissan, Honda, etc. often won't work on a Mitsubishi. My own tool seems to work great on everything...except my own car!

I've been to shops who thought they had a good scan tool. But when they hooked it up to my Mirage, suddenly none of the normal TPMS functions in the tool worked. Some tool manufacturers have been slow to figure out that Mitsubishi doesn't do their OBDII-TPMS operations like everyone else.

You can tell that Mitsubishi is doing something different in their TPMS system because the tools that do work require a special OBDII "adapter" cable.

Here is the Bartec tool (and "magic" Mitsubishi OBDII adapter) that my local Discount Tire used to do a re-learn in my 2015 Mirage...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-10-2019)