Thread: Switching the odometer to kilometers instead of miles?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Switching the odometer to kilometers instead of miles?

I haven't really found a good solution to this one yet, if it exists normally.
    I know you can change the average consumption from MPG to km/L, but that's not what I'm after. I'm after switching the odometer itself to display kilometers instead of miles. For no good reason besides I think it'd be cool.

Mirage in question is a 2018 G4 ES. Is it something I can change? The manual doesn't really give me a hand there besides with the consumption. Please and thank you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKawata View Post
    I haven't really found a good solution to this one yet, if it exists normally.
    I know you can change the average consumption from MPG to km/L, but that's not what I'm after. I'm after switching the odometer itself to display kilometers instead of miles. For no good reason besides I think it'd be cool.

Mirage in question is a 2018 G4 ES. Is it something I can change? The manual doesn't really give me a hand there besides with the consumption. Please and thank you.
    I can't answer your main question, but the clip below sort of shows the variety of items found in ETACS. It was shared by someone adding cruise to their Mirage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcMpT6JalTQ

That'd be a great way to rollback your odometer........
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That'd be a great way to rollback your odometer........
    This is also true! But that's not my goal!! The car only has ~5,030 miles on it! (And admittedly that's probably why it's not available for someone to change easily lmao)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is also true! But that's not my goal!! The car only has ~5,030 miles on it! (And admittedly that's probably why it's not available for someone to change easily lmao)
    It would make it look worst, not better. 5030 mi = 8095 km

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My guess is that it can't be changed. Speedometers are set up for mi/h or km/h, & the odometers are probably designed to do one or the other, too. I realize the opposite rating is usually shown on the speedometer, which helps traveling across borders.

The option to change it may be available, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.