Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do you use running lights or always headlights?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    I typically leave headlights on (for fear of forgetting) but in decent visibility but lower light, when I can see but don't want to blind other drivers or create glare, I switch to parking lights/drls because Mitsubishi has the basic awareness of not killing people to keep the tail lights on The same cannot be said for most US automakers...
    I do the same. Parking lights when I want more visibility of my car, but I don't yet need headlights.

Thankfully those little white bulbs that light up when you have the parking lights on are way too dim to mistake for your actual headlights, too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to timw4mail For This Useful Post:

bzacon (10-09-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Yesterday it was a bit foggy going home. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't super clear either. I had my running lights on, no headlights. However, I certainly seem to be in the minority as every other vehicle on the road either has no lights on, or has all their lights on.

My question to you is, do you use your running lights or do you always use headlights?

Here is a pic of the weather. It looks clearer than it was.

Attachment 15447
    I'm redundant witha decision on this as I have my lights on AUTO all the time so they make up their own mind. Going under a tunnel they come on automatically then go off once I emerge from the tunnel.
    At first I thought this was too gimmicky but now I like it.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    I'm redundant witha decision on this as I have my lights on AUTO all the time so they make up their own mind. Going under a tunnel they come on automatically then go off once I emerge from the tunnel.
    At first I thought this was too gimmicky but now I like it.
    Not sure how fast the sensor is but you probably drive into the tunnel without your headlights on...
    where as you should turn on your lights before the tunnel....

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Not sure how fast the sensor is but you probably drive into the tunnel without your headlights on...
    where as you should turn on your lights before the tunnel....
    That's not a legal requirement in all tunnels in the UK. I have my light switch permanently on AUTO and it makes its mind up. Under a four lane tunnel the sensor is pretty good and it'll switch the lights on.