Thread: Just got 35% tint (carbon, non metallic)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Just got 35% tint (carbon, non metallic)

Hey guys, just dropped $240 bucks to get my 4 sides and back windshield tinted to 35%. Honestly I wish I would of gone down to 25% for less glare but my state prohibits any tint below 32%. From what I understand if you get 35% your actually getting around 32% because of the clear factory tint already. Ill take pics tomorrow and report if it makes any difference keeping my compressor working less. Granted, I got the economy carbon tint film with only 28% heat reduction, not the fancy ceramic tint. Anyone on here got a dark tint job?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I think I have close to what you have. Not super dark...but it's technically illegal here when combined with the tint of the factory glass. I've been pulled over before and it's never been a problem. When I get stopped, all 4 windows immediately go down so it's not an issue.

Tint really takes the edge off on sunny days and gives the car a big appearance boost. Tint and wheels...the 2 best appearance mods you can do on these cars.

Name:  tint.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  85.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-20-2019),inuvik (09-20-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I think I have close to what you have. Not super dark...but it's technically illegal here when combined with the tint of the factory glass. I've been pulled over before and it's never been a problem. When I get stopped, all 4 windows immediately go down so it's not an issue.

Tint really takes the edge off on sunny days and gives the car a big appearance boost. Tint and wheels...the 2 best appearance mods you can do on these cars.

Name:  tint.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  85.6 KB
    So your at around what? 20%?

Any kind of window tint on the front side windows is illegal here. Tons of people do it, I'd only be worried about being hassled in bf small towns or while pulled over for something else like having the last digit of my license plate bent 90 degrees to avoid photo radar.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have 15% all around and a band of 15% across the top of the windshield. It's illegal (must be >35% on the front side windows in Arizona), but nobody will bother you for it specifically, unless they've already pulled you over for something else. Mine's the basic carbon as well.

Next time I get any windows replaced (I need a new windshield, it's sandpitted to hell), I might upgrade to 3M Crystalline which is the best of the best.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    So your at around what? 20%?
    I can't remember the exact percentage. My windows are not really as dark as they appear in that picture I posted. I just remember the guy at the shop explaining it to me that what I wanted was technically illegal when combined with the factory glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Any kind of window tint on the front side windows is illegal here.
    You gotta love the guys at the tint shops...they really don't care what is legal and will install whatever you want as long as you sign off on it. At least in the US it's that way at most shop. That works for me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well after driving uber today for 9 hours I must say the 35% does make a difference, less heat, compressor seems to be blowing less, the privacy is nice, and I really feel like it makes that green paint pop. Nightime driving wasnt an issue either. I kinda wish I went with the 25% on the back windshield, but considering the cops around here are bored and militant, its one less thing to worry about.