Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there an easy way to turn of TMPS warning light permanently?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    It can certainly be turned off. You just need a $3,500 MUT3 or other emulator software to do it. No dealership will do it because as of 2008 TPMS is required by Federal law.

I don't believe TPMS is required...or even available...in Canada?
    According to the clip I shared, his costs were about $150 to add fog lights and cruise to his 2018 Mirage. That includes all the parts and software to do that job.

He shows a mini VCI he bought off eBay for $17.99 with free shipping to do the job. The need of a $3,500 MUT3 is never mentioned. Is this a huge oversight on his part?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I think the issue with that emulator software is that even though something shows up as a setting, you may not be able to change it and save it successfully to the computer.

Should be easy enough for someone to verify though. Where's Doax? I'm pretty sure he's familiar with that software.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 09-22-2019 at 03:16 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    There is an easy way to turn off the TPMS light! Only takes five minutes and costs nothing.

What I did: I took out the instrument cluster, and took off the transparent plastic cover. Then I lifted the bezel where the TPMS light is, and put a tiny piece of black insulation tape over the light source. Put everything back, and the light is off! Cost was practically nothing. The best thing about this method: It can be undone easily.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Loren (09-22-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just literally turned off my TPMS light with ETACS decoder and a mini vci cable.

2018 Mirage ES, 5 speed, U.S. Federal (not Cali) spec. So your mileage may vary.

I also was able to disable the beep for the key in the ignition with door open and enabled my fog lights. There were some settings that didn't change, possibly model or option dependant. Couldn't get instant MPG, or rear back up camera audible alert to work. There was a category that said something like Engine Power Mode "Normal", switched that to "High". Could be wrong but car felt a LOT peppier on test drive but it's also the first time it's been under 80 degrees down here in SW Florida so it's possible I'm just used to the 110 degree ambient air heat bog.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DimensionTheory For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (09-22-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry for second post but the edit post is acting screwy.

I paid 28 bucks for the VCI cable with disc on Amazon. You have to PayPal the owner of etacs decoder "donations" for burns. It was like 8 bucks for 5 burns. I most likely will use a few burns making adjustments and never need it again unless I change something.

You do need an internet connection while using the software, so make sure you have a laptop with wifi or something. Since my laptop is from like the 2001 with XP (Needed it for the old ZDyne ECM on my Honda), I had to drop a 20 at walmart on a 100 foot ethernet cable 😂

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DimensionTheory View Post
    I just literally turned off my TPMS light with ETACS decoder and a mini vci cable.
    I'm not doubting that you were able to change the setting, but how did you verify that the TPMS has actually been disabled?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    When asked Vlad of ETACS Decoder has said it will not do TPMS functions. That must have changed?

Odd - the forum posts covering this show a 404 Not Found error.

TPMS site:etacsdecoder.com
    Last edited by Eggman; 09-22-2019 at 01:40 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (09-22-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm not doubting that you were able to change the setting, but how did you verify that the TPMS has actually been disabled?
    I got the impression that DimensionTheory didn't disable TPMS, although I probably am misunderstanding this.

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionTheory View Post
    Emphasis added.
    Last edited by Eggman; 09-22-2019 at 01:48 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since I don't have any sensors, my TPMS light would blink for approx 60 seconds and then the light would stay on. This no longer happens, the light doesn't come on at all.

On ETACS decoder, there are a couple settings for the TPMS. One of them allows you to change the set PSI for light activation (didn't try to change this one) and one that asks what type of TPMS. My memory's a touch fuzzy now but I believe there were 3 options. Not Available, which is what I chose, and the other two options dealt with what type or something.

Cliff notes:
    Switched Tpms to Not Available
    Light doesn't come on now

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    If his TPMS has been on (bad or missing wheel sensor) & it is no longer on, wouldn't that mean he was successful in turning off the TPMS on his Mirage. Hopefully, he'll confirm this for us!

I suspect various items in ETACs can be changed with ease, & this may be a good example of that. Obviously, some items can't be changed, too. It great when others shared what can or cannot be done with the Mirage ETACs. It also doesn't appear to be a costly thing to do.

I am speculating some on this, but .....
    Canadian Mirages for example probably have DRL (daytime running lights) turned on, & TPMS turned off.
    American Mirages have TPMS turned on, & DRL turned off.
    It may be as simple as that!

Sorry - while typing my response some of our questions have been answered!