Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi salesman says 2020 Mirage will look very different.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Mitsubishi salesman says 2020 Mirage will look very different.

I went in today to get an oil change at the dealership and got to shooting the sheeeeit with him about the Mirage. He told me he has already seen the prototype and it will have a different body, possibly different suspension. Will it be a rebadged Micra or Clio? Im disappointed because the Mitsubishi design seems to be the most reliable?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I went in today to get an oil change at the dealership and got to shooting the sheeeeit with him about the Mirage. He told me he has already seen the prototype and it will have a different body, possibly different suspension. Will it be a rebadged Micra or Clio? Im disappointed because the Mitsubishi design seems to be the most reliable?
    Whatever he shared with you is not happening with the 2020 Mirage from what I have read.

"For 2020, the Mirage gets only minimal updates, including automatic climate control as standard on every model. The G4 sedan model gets a new LE trim and front grille design."

If I was in the market for a new Mirage, the standard automatic climate controls would make me buy the 2019 model. I really like/prefer the manual controls.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-24-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Whatever he shared with you is not happening with the 2020 Mirage from what I have read.

"For 2020, the Mirage gets only minimal updates, including automatic climate control as standard on every model. The G4 sedan model gets a new LE trim and front grille design."

If I was in the market for a new Mirage, the standard automatic climate controls would make me buy the 2019 model. I really like/prefer the manual controls.
    Yeah, I got a sense he didnt know what he was talking about. Our G4 has the manual ac controls, weird my base DE got the auto climate control, but I like it. Just as effective as the one in my old Subaru.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A couple weeks ago I stopped by the dealer I purchased my 2019 Mirage ES from to pick up some paperwork, and in talking to the sales rep that sold me the car he mentioned that I wasn't missing anything by buying the '19 and not waiting for the '20. He said they had just had a call with reps from Mitsubishi NA that said there would be only minor changes for the next model year. He did suspect that they could be in line for some major changes in '21, and that he was also hoping for some changes to other models as well. While I'm a firm believer in not messing with a good thing (considering I've been thoroughly enjoying my Mirage in my nearly 2 months of ownership), I'll be excited to see where they take the car in the future.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RhodySpaceStar For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-25-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I got a sense he didnt know what he was talking about. Our G4 has the manual ac controls, weird my base DE got the auto climate control, but I like it. Just as effective as the one in my old Subaru.
    All 2014-15 Mirages had auto climate controls. Didn't matter what trim level it was. The manual controls appeared with the 2017 ES model. I believe the ES, RF, & LE have manual climate controls in 2019, and the SE & GT have the auto climate controls. Everything will have auto climate controls in 2020.

As far as the G4 goes, I've heard they are dropping the ES & adding the LE.

The Mirage really hasn't changed since 2017. No new features have been added to this car. They've just added a standard feature or two to the bottom trim levels each year so they can boast about it some.

Personally, I like the 2019 ES manual offering the best. The addition of factory cruise in 2019 was a nice perk. I'm sure cruise drove some to buy the 2017 SE manual over the 2017 ES manual a couple years ago. If I was in the market for a Mirage, there's nothing about the 2020 Mirage that would inspire me to pay more for it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Whatever they do it better still be the highest MPG non hybrid car and the least expensive or close to it. Otherwise they will leave their small niche.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    Whatever they do it better still be the highest MPG non hybrid car and the least expensive or close to it. Otherwise they will leave their small niche.
    I totally agree with you! Keep it affordable, reliable, & economical!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Mirage really hasn't changed since 2017. No new features have been added to this car. They've just added a standard feature or two to the bottom trim levels each year so they can boast about it some.
    I haven't even seen any new accessories for the car, either. You'd think Mitsubishi could at least come up with a few new COLORS for the damned thing, right?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I haven't even seen any new accessories for the car, either. You'd think Mitsubishi could at least come up with a few new COLORS for the damned thing, right?
    Bring back kiwi green and plasma purple and perhaps introduce the canary yellow to the US market.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Bring back kiwi green and plasma purple and perhaps introduce the canary yellow to the US market.
    Did you know that the names 'Plasma Purple', 'Kiwi Green', etc, were decided by an online vote? It's true!

Name:  iAsd1XP.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  68.6 KB

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-25-2019)