Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi salesman says 2020 Mirage will look very different.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Did you know that the names 'Plasma Purple', 'Kiwi Green', etc, were decided by an online vote? It's true!

Attachment 15541
    I would of called it avocado lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your sales person is nice. I remember going in to get my Outlander Sport recalled. I was asking about the Eclipse Cross. This was about 2 months before they were going to actually release the press release about it and there were already pictures and rumors of it on the internet. They were playing the "I don't know what you're talking about" card. I was kinda bummed out that they didn't want to talk about it. :/

But anyways, I hope the Mirage either makes a BIG change or it stays the same. Big change = different engine(turbo engine?) and/or a hybrid option and with that comes along a different look, then I can see why Mitsubishi is changing the way the Mirage looks. I still think the Mirage still catches onto a REALLY unique niche of buyers too, so hopefully they stick with that.

Also, Mitsubishi's current model lineup..only 6 models (in the USA)! I didn't even notice that until I went to their site.
    1. Outlander PHEV
    2. Outlander
    3. Eclipse Cross
    4. Outlander Sport
    5. Mirage G4
    6. Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    Your sales person is nice. I remember going in to get my Outlander Sport recalled. I was asking about the Eclipse Cross. This was about 2 months before they were going to actually release the press release about it and there were already pictures and rumors of it on the internet. They were playing the "I don't know what you're talking about" card. I was kinda bummed out that they didn't want to talk about it. :/

But anyways, I hope the Mirage either makes a BIG change or it stays the same. Big change = different engine(turbo engine?) and/or a hybrid option and with that comes along a different look, then I can see why Mitsubishi is changing the way the Mirage looks. I still think the Mirage still catches onto a REALLY unique niche of buyers too, so hopefully they stick with that.

Also, Mitsubishi's current model lineup..only 6 models (in the USA)! I didn't even notice that until I went to their site.
    1. Outlander PHEV
    2. Outlander
    3. Eclipse Cross
    4. Outlander Sport
    5. Mirage G4
    6. Mirage
    UK Mitsubishi's current model lineup
    ASX
    Outlander PHEV
    Eclipse Cross
    Mirage
    L200
    Outlander
    Shogun Sport

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    All 2014-15 Mirages had auto climate controls. Didn't matter what trim level it was. The manual controls appeared with the 2017 ES model.
    The Mirage really hasn't changed since 2017. No new features have been added to this car. They've just added a standard feature or two to the bottom trim levels each year so they can boast about it some.

Personally, I like the 2019 ES manual offering the best. The addition of factory cruise in 2019 was a nice perk. I'm sure cruise drove some to buy the 2017 SE manual over the 2017 ES manual a couple years ago. If I was in the market for a Mirage, there's nothing about the 2020 Mirage that would inspire me to pay more for it.
    Canada was different. Most 2014-2015 were manual AC controls. My 2014 was unusual having Climate, fog light, heated seats, bluetooth, rear seat heat, alloys and 5mt. AFAIK Climate was only available on CVT cars in Canada during these years, or special builds like mine. After my 2014 was totalled I looked high and low for a '15 with similar specs. No dice.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Canada was different. Most 2014-2015 were manual AC controls. My 2014 was unusual having Climate, fog light, heated seats, bluetooth, rear seat heat, alloys and 5mt. AFAIK Climate was only available on CVT cars in Canada during these years, or special builds like mine. After my 2014 was totalled I looked high and low for a '15 with similar specs. No dice.
    A/C has always been standard for all Mirages in the States. Since a base level Mirage in Canada doesn't come with A/C, it probably wouldn't have auto climate controls, too.

Since 2017, the base level Mirages have benefited from more existing features becoming standard equipment. The upper trim levels haven't really changed much at all.

Dirk, if I had to guess, I'd say your salesman was probably talking about the next gen car, even though he got the year wrong. It'll likely be available later next year, but as a 2021 model in North America...thus the confusion. The dealers often get sneak peeks at production-ready designs before the general public knows.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodySpaceStar View Post
    A couple weeks ago I stopped by the dealer I purchased my 2019 Mirage ES from to pick up some paperwork, and in talking to the sales rep that sold me the car he mentioned that I wasn't missing anything by buying the '19 and not waiting for the '20. He said they had just had a call with reps from Mitsubishi NA that said there would be only minor changes for the next model year. He did suspect that they could be in line for some major changes in '21, and that he was also hoping for some changes to other models as well. While I'm a firm believer in not messing with a good thing (considering I've been thoroughly enjoying my Mirage in my nearly 2 months of ownership), I'll be excited to see where they take the car in the future.
    Yes my biggest concern getting the 2019 is I would be missing out on something cool in the 2020. A lot of these auto blogging sites clearly just make stuff up as they go along and have no real information.

If the 2020 came out and it was getting 5+ mpg more I would be crying myself to sleep

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

The 2020 has already been announced - same car as the 2019, with a few options differences.

The 2021 model is likely to be all new.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Yes my biggest concern getting the 2019 is I would be missing out on something cool in the 2020. A lot of these auto blogging sites clearly just make stuff up as they go along and have no real information.

If the 2020 came out and it was getting 5+ mpg more I would be crying myself to sleep
    The 2017-20 Mirages are basically unchanged. They have just shifted features around some. Claiming more standard features each year has benefited the base level ES the most. Sadly, the SE manual was dropped in 2018.

I don't expect to like any vehicle more than my Mirage in the upcoming years. It would have to be under $10,000 OTD (out-the-door) new, have more hp, & still get better mpg than the present model. I don't see that happening!

I don't have high expectations for the merger with Nissan/Renault, but I hope that I am wrong about that!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Stopped by my dealership to pick up my plates last weeks. The Mitsubishi is connected to Nissan, and I had to go to Nissan for my plates. Parked next to a brand new Versa sedan, and man that thing looks sharp now. Holy smokes. If I didn't have (and love) my G4 already, I'd seriously look at the new Versa now. Curious to see how a redesign or refresh will change the G4 in relation to the Versa (I see the two as the most direct competition to each other).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)