Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Doge Transport :: 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage SE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Little Doge Transport
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage SE
    Blue
    Automatic

I'm stupid and bought another one of these things because I missed my old one. My research with me looking at a lot of these things, the ones with the digital climate control have better a/c "control" than the knob based ones so... there we go.

Details

Made a rear bumper protector from rubber floor strip things from Harbor Freight for under $10 since the OEM Mirage rear bumper protector doesn't fit the 17 up redesign.

Added the rear plastic cargo tray I got for my other Mirage originally. Weathertech floor liners. Rear seat VINYL seat coverings installed! Keep that seat fresh and clean with ease for taxi slave and doggo transport action!

Stock Apple Carplay/Android Auto headunit. Better sound quality and volume level than the "base" stock audio system.

•  

It's a 1.2L 3 cylinder engine that's stock.

•  

Completely stock as well.

•  

Stock 14 inch alloy wheels. Planning on putting snow tires onto spare set of 2014 ES alloy wheels.

•  
    Comments: 14 / Views: 1476
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 1,440 Posts
    Welcome. Any plans for this one?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

This car is basically taking over my trusty 2009 Corolla for Uber/Lyft/Dog transport/Dog rescue volunteer work. The Corolla is great and there's nothing wrong with it at all EXCEPT you can't put a crate in it to save your life haha.
    -Karl B. 2019 Mirage SE CVT and 2015 Mirage DE 5 speed. Plenty of other cars as well.

Name:  mirage bumper.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  97.6 KB

Made my own rear bumper protector. Not the most ascetically pleasing thing but it'll keep people from scratching the hell out of the bumper surface. Best of all, under $10 in materials from Harbor Freight!
    -Karl B. 2019 Mirage SE CVT and 2015 Mirage DE 5 speed. Plenty of other cars as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-15-2019)

I think I finally got to 2500 miles on this little guy. Been absolutely flawless. Brought it in to have the alignment checked and the rear alignment is A-OK! Front was off slightly so they reset it and it's good.

My vinyl seat cover for the rear seats finally came! That was a total pain in the rear to install! Absolutely horrible as it didn't even come with a way to fasten it to the seat so I improvised and cleaned out my zip tie collection and zip tied it to the hog rings and supports of the seat cushion for the bottom. The backrest parts zip tied to themselves with some loops so that wasn't as bad. Had to cut the holes in the seat for the headrest which I didn't like doing but I got it done and it's ready for some taxi slave and dog transporting.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    My vinyl seat cover for the rear seats finally came! That was a total pain in the rear to install! Absolutely horrible as it didn't even come with a way to fasten it to the seat so I improvised and cleaned out my zip tie collection and zip tied it to the hog rings and supports of the seat cushion for the bottom.
    How about some pictures??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I posted them up above under the interior section... At least I think I did?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I posted them up above under the interior section... At least I think I did?
    You mean the seat covers you just posted about? I'll have to look. Can you point me to the Interior Section? Is that in this thread, or somewhere else? Sorry I'm confused, but still curious to know how this turned out.

Never mind - I see the pictures above at the top of the page. Sorry!
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-22-2020 at 01:19 AM.

Name:  Sweet vinyl.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  85.5 KB

vinyl!