Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another CVT failure (Dirk bait!)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    It was music to my ears.
    Does this mean that you will stop worrying about your CVTs?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

Let's not be hasty, now..lol.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    You'd be a fool not to worry about any JATCO made product Eggman. You still got your warranty? I dont.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You'd be a fool not to worry about any JATCO made product Eggman.
    Fool? Me? I suppose you have a point, except maybe you've forgotten what I have for a transmission. Even if I had one, the CVT7 fares well in the Mirage.

You still got your warranty? I dont.
    Yes, I still have my warranty. Lots and lots of it. Though I don't think I'll need it.

That's why I bought a Mirage. I wanted reliable transportation that I didn't have to worry about or throw a lot of money at. I have other uses for my money. I didn't want the worries of buying another used car that would need repairs. I bought it new, paid for it, and am enjoying it, comforted by it's reliability.

In addition, I didn't want a car that didn't meet my expectations - a recipe for disappointment. After over thirty years of driving, I knew that I didn't have to spend a lot just to get back and forth to work. For commuting, I don't need a sports car and have no need to either buy one or try to convert to one. The Mirage was and still is the logical choice.

Now if I were to base that decision on emotion, I would absolutely be driving a sports car. I have a bit of experience racing, and I've grown past that emotional desire. Now that I have a Mirage, I am quite fond of it. It's a nice place to be. One less thing to fret over, and I value that.

Like I've said before, this is not my forever car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hear you, Eggman. Just lost the A/c compressor on the 2007 Fit with 219k; didn't want to sink more money into the car (although will still make someone a good run about). Found a nice 2017 G4 5 speed with 27k on odometer. Paying $6500 (less than 1/2 what owner paid in 2016), first owner took the depreciation, and I'll get 2 years of warranty and a reliable commuter. Finalizing today or tomorrow, so soon I will be on here as a current Mirage owner (had a 91 Plymouth colt years ago)! Will post pics when I get her home.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (09-27-2019),Eggman (09-27-2019),inuvik (09-27-2019),MetroMPG (09-27-2019)

Congrats! Trading the Fit or selling?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Fool? Me? I suppose you have a point, except maybe you've forgotten what I have for a transmission. Even if I had one, the CVT7 fares well in the Mirage.

Yes, I still have my warranty. Lots and lots of it. Though I don't think I'll need it.

That's why I bought a Mirage. I wanted reliable transportation that I didn't have to worry about or throw a lot of money at. I have other uses for my money. I didn't want the worries of buying another used car that would need repairs. I bought it new, paid for it, and am enjoying it, comforted by it's reliability.

In addition, I didn't want a car that didn't meet my expectations - a recipe for disappointment. After over thirty years of driving, I knew that I didn't have to spend a lot just to get back and forth to work. For commuting, I don't need a sports car and have no need to either buy one or try to convert to one. The Mirage was and still is the logical choice.

Now if I were to base that decision on emotion, I would absolutely be driving a sports car. I have a bit of experience racing, and I've grown past that emotional desire. Now that I have a Mirage, I am quite fond of it. It's a nice place to be. One less thing to fret over, and I value that.

Like I've said before, this is not my forever car.
    No, I didnt call you a fool. I said you WOULD be one if you owned a CVT version and didnt scour the internet, make calls, get advice, as much as I do in regards to the CVT7. I need this car to get at least 150k miles out of it and I have no protection, so yes I will forever always be on here with a sword dangling over my head. Fummins mentioned he has one at what? 175k miles with an original CVT and another that failed at I believe 60k? Its a crap shoot for me. I wont stop lamenting until I have 170k miles on my original CVT, after that the car owes me nothing and I owe it nothing. Thank you for your advice over the months, it is appreciated, I assure you. : )

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Congrats! Trading the Fit or selling?

Buying from private party so selling. Needs ac, tires, front headlamp lenses are faded and paint is too. Not expecting to get much, but that 1.5 runs like a champ and doesn't leak anything. Been a great car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I said you WOULD be one if you owned a CVT version and didnt scour the internet, make calls, get advice, as much as I do in regards to the CVT7.
    I think you just described the majority of Mirage owners here.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I had an Arctic Cat Thundercat decades ago. 1000cc 2 stroke, 175hp, probably 200+ hp with the pipes and other mods I made. As you might not know, snowmobiles have been using CVT setups forever. My Cat, even when I flogged it without mercy, never ate drive belts nor self destructed the driveline. It was bulletproof.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)