Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seats

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Seats

Does any model Mirage come with an adjustable height seat? I swear my 2014 had it but I drove so many rental cars in the last few years I may be mistaken.

Is a 2014 seat a direct replacement for a 2017 seat, ie. is there any problem with the computer recognizing the airbags or anything?

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Does any model Mirage come with an adjustable height seat?
    Yes. My 2015 ES (the "loaded" Mirage model back then) has a round knob on the side of the seat that can be turned to raise/lower the bottom portion of the seat.

Somewhat related thread...

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...djust-height-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-27-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Top! I read that thread to refresh my mind. I really miss that 6 way seat. Mine, I'm sure went lower than the passenger seat.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Thanks Top! I read that thread to refresh my mind. I really miss that 6 way seat. Mine, I'm sure went lower than the passenger seat.
    My 2014 DE has no height adjustment. Drives me nuts. Ive gone thru 3 different butt cushion styles trying to get comfortable. I drive Uber and have developed an annoying burning sensation behind my upper right thigh, aggravated by using the throttle and brakes.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Mine came without height adjustable seats. The most uncomfortable seat caused pain in my back and the back part of my right thigh, literally a major PITA plus leg pain. If I drove any longer distance, pain continued until several days after.
    The doc said I was lucky not to have aquired a thrombosis! This happens to other folks too, check previous post.

Three things were done to the seat, and now it is much better:

1) See thread about Lumbar support!
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...lumbar-support

2) The front part of the sitting cushion pushed against the back of my right thigh so hard, it caused circulatory problems and much pain. Obviously you need your foot touching the gas pedal while driving, so you can't change that leg position much. The seat cushion foam under the front part of your leg is so extremely thin, that the metal under the seat cushion pushes onto the thigh and pinches off blood circulation. That causes pain from dying off tissue, and may also cause blood clots and permanent thrombosis!
    To help cure that problem, I removed about 2cm (an inch) of the forward underside of the actual foam inlay, where it touches the "pan" on which the actual foam cushion is mounted.

3) The front part of the seat cushion was still too high and needed lowering, but it was not possible to lower the front. Therefore I raised the rear mounting bolts of the drivers seat. To do that, it just needed two longer bolts and a few larger nuts between floor and seat mounting bracket. The rear part of the seat is now about 3cm higher than before, and that does the same as lowering the front of the seat cushion by that amount.

After that, the seat became bearable. Without those mods, I would have had to get rid of the car.
    Below are pix of the raised of the rear driver seat mounts.

Name:  driver side mount.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  inside seat mount.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  87.5 KB
    Last edited by foama; 09-28-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Three things were done to the seat, and now it is much better:
    Clever modification foama.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My 2019 ES is height adjustable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    My 2019 ES is height adjustable.
    6-way adjustable driver's seat & cruise became standard on all Mirages in 2019, but the G4 ES didn't get the 6-way seat.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    My 2014 DE has no height adjustment. Drives me nuts. Ive gone thru 3 different butt cushion styles trying to get comfortable. I drive Uber and have developed an annoying burning sensation behind my upper right thigh, aggravated by using the throttle and brakes.
    The beginnings of sciatica. Not a pleasant affliction if it gets out of hand. Find yourself a good cushion pronto.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    If I drove any longer distance, pain continued until several days after.

Three things were done to the seat, and now it is much better.....:

[
    Clever mods, BUT, did you use grade 8 bolts on the rear of the seat ? I would think Mits used very strong, ie. grade 8, bolts to make sure the seats don't shear off in a crash and you get diced in two by the seat belt.