Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I guess I left my wife in charge of maintenance for the last 6 months...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hahahahahahaha I'm not going to disagree with that. My buddy lives nearby Atlanta and he's told me some stories about some serious garbage that he's seen working at some used car dealers as a technician.

But yeah, I looked at five used Mirages. All five were one owner cars. One was a 2018 that was a "company" car at a dealer by me that just reeked of cigarettes and had cigarette burns everywhere with 24K on the clock. It made me gag it reeked so bad. One was a 2014 that the original owner just piss beat into the ground... every panel was dinged or dented in some way, the driver seat was like... bent and busted apart, the carpet was destroyed, and it ran/drove like garbage and that one had 71K on it. Then there was another 2014 with 120K that I didn't even drive because the pictures didn't show the front bumper being mangled, pass fender caved in, and the inside just absolutely disgusting. Then there was another 2014 at a Chevy dealer that was a stick that I didn't bother driving because it had sticky pop and grunge literally everywhere inside... just under 60K on that one.

I did drive one very nice used example. Link below since it's still available. It had 90K on it but it was pretty clean and in really good shape. This was the exception compared to the other ones... someone bought it and actually took care of it. However, I decided I wanted something that nobody else really touched so I bought a new one. Should have bought this used one and saved money but... meh... oh well.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Im guessing alot of the Mirage owners I see in Atlanta simply havent sold enough crack rock to get that Chrysler 300 with the spinning 22 inch chrome wheels.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! From what I was told by my buddy most of the "newer" cars you see in the area are ex-rentals that get sold by those no credit no problem financing for erry'body kind of dealers like JD Byrider and stuff like that.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I remember seeing '14-'15 Mirages out on the road three years ago with dents, scrapes, missing hubcaps, filthy dirty, etc. For some people, a car is just a 'transportation appliance'. My brother is like this...I am the opposite. I sold him my '03 BMW 325i, which after three years of my ownership was an immaculate 'garage queen'. Easily one of the nicest in the state.

After three years of his ownership, it looks like any car you'd see in the Walmart parking lot. As long as it moves, he just doesn't care. While I like selling cars to lil' bro which I know will be reliable for him and his family, my curse is having to watch him run the piss out of cars I put a lot of work into maintaining and reconditioning.

I work as a delivery driver, and I am actually grossed out by most of my co-workers' cars. I mean, if you spend hours in your car every day, why would you want to roll around in what is essentially a dumpster full of your own garbage??

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! From what I was told by my buddy most of the "newer" cars you see in the area are ex-rentals that get sold by those no credit no problem financing for erry'body kind of dealers like JD Byrider and stuff like that.
    6k for one with 90k miles? Hell no, it should 3k even with it being in good condition. Mine had 45k miles, was in good condition, came with the scruff plate, ding protection package, chrome fog lights, and. it was priced at $6500. Id have to see maintenance records showing the previous owner got 3 cvt fluid changes at a dealership to even consider it too seeing how delicate the transmission is.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I remember seeing '14-'15 Mirages out on the road three years ago with dents, scrapes, missing hubcaps, filthy dirty, etc. For some people, a car is just a 'transportation appliance'. My brother is like this...I am the opposite. I sold him my '03 BMW 325i, which after three years of my ownership was an immaculate 'garage queen'. Easily one of the nicest in the state.

After three years of his ownership, it looks like any car you'd see in the Walmart parking lot. As long as it moves, he just doesn't care. While I like selling cars to lil' bro which I know will be reliable for him and his family, my curse is having to watch him run the piss out of cars I put a lot of work into maintaining and reconditioning.

I work as a delivery driver, and I am actually grossed out by most of my co-workers' cars. I mean, if you spend hours in your car every day, why would you want to roll around in what is essentially a dumpster full of your own garbage??
    Sounds like your a good big brother! My older brother is an asshole that sold me his old Accord with a worn out clutch that he didnt bother to tell me about. I ended up having to replace it a month later.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I also do delivery, with my G4. I've also lived with at least one other person most of my life. So my car has often been my 'refuge' where I can control it's cleanliness. I keep my interior free from trash, debris, odors (I don't use any air fresheners, or febreze. The only product I use is called Zero odor) etc. My last car I bought new also and had it almost 6 years and 80,000 miles, and it never suffered from weird stains, odors, etc. I don't understand having your car be a rolling garbage dump either. Although my cars get used and by that I mean there are scuffs and scratches inside my car. That's how I roll, lol. To each their own!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Brought the car into the shop today.
    DF tire, 9psi, 3/32
    PF tire, 14psi 3/32
    DR tire, 49psi, 9/32
    PR tire, 21psi, 8/32.
    Resident Tire Engineer here... 9? 9?!? NINE!?!?!?!?!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-30-2019),Top_Fuel (09-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Resident Tire Engineer here... 9? 9?!? NINE!?!?!?!?!
    You have to think it might have pulled left a little!

No big deal, it was only a little flat on the bottom.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    No big deal, it was only a little flat on the bottom.
    Thus, the argument for TPMS I guess!

Apparently, some can't spot a low tire by just looking at it?

Being single is tough. I don't have anyone to blame when something isn't done or taken care of. Can't even blame the dog for that one!