Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mirage, multiple dash lights just came on...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Well...don't be tempted to go for the Slylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs. Those don't seem to be highly recommended. Check this thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eco1.2 View Post
    Update! *Fixed*
    Thanks to all who replied with their ideas. What I ended up doing was putting back the one good factory original headlight bulb, and replaced the other one with a sylviana basic headlight bulb and it seemed to do the trick. Dash lights are off now and stay off. It seems that it does not like those xtravision brighter bulbs, even though it's the same wattage, which is strange.
    Maybe hold off on buying the champagne. I used XtraVisions for years in my Mirage and never had anything like this happen. Of course, I always replaced an XtraVision with an XtraVision...I never mixed-and-matched bulbs.

Hope the lights stay off!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Well...don't be tempted to go for the Slylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs. Those don't seem to be highly recommended. Check this thread.

They are horrible garbage. A little brighter? Yes. But you will only get a few months out of them, and they are more expensive than the SilverStars and a lot more expensive than the XtraVisions.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Maybe hold off on buying the champagne. I used XtraVisions for years in my Mirage and never had anything like this happen. Of course, I always replaced an XtraVision with an XtraVision...I never mixed-and-matched bulbs.
    I'm pretty sure both bulbs were replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by eco1.2 View Post
    It is very mysterious that after I replaced the front headlight bulbs to a pair of Sylviana Xtravision bulbs and drove the car for about 5 days, that these lights came on.
    It seems there's more to this story, doesn't it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-30-2019)

That's a new one. Can't see how the eff different headlights can throw those warning lights. Led's or hid's I can see but otherwise nope. I'd still check for what codes were stored for next time they come back on. You never did mention whether you have something plugged into the obd port?
    Last edited by Fummins; 09-30-2019 at 07:26 PM. Reason: didn't realize this thread had two pages til just now. duh
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Fummins I forget - what headlamp bulbs are you using for your fleet? I'm sure you've found some are better (brighter/last longer?) than others.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

We just use basic 9003 philips brand bulbs. I've installed brighter more expensive bulbs in other vehicles and they burned out noticeably faster than the plain jane ones.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    We just use basic 9003 philips brand bulbs. I've installed brighter more expensive bulbs in other vehicles and they burned out noticeably faster than the plain jane ones.
    These?

Philips 9003B1 Standard Halogen Headlight Bulb,1 Pack ($5.13)

Philips 9003 Standard Halogen Replacement Headlight Bulb, 2 Pack ($14.63)

Rock Auto has them for $2.89.

Yes sir. Most last what seems like for ever but there are a few cars that just eat light bulbs like crazy. One will burn out then the other side a week later, then the other one again after a few months.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Local places (Walmart, AutoZone, etc...) in my area seem to carry standard Sylvania headlights ($8.75).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sylvania-...-Bulb/16913606

Walmart also carries standard Phillips headlights ($5.13) on their website.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-S...of-1/109979471

If the price is the same, I sometimes prefer Walmart over Amazon. If something is faulty, I can just return it to the store for a refund. Walmart will use various vendors at times, however, & that can eliminate the easy returns to the store.

Adding headlights to RockAuto.com order may be the cheapest option?

I haven't had to replace a factory headlight, but I have a basic Sylvania on hand. I may try to pick up a standard Phillips. It may be interesting to try both (Sylvania vs Phillips) at the same time, & see which one lasts longer?

Personally, I think the Mirage headlights throw a nice beam of light with just plain headlight bulbs. It also seems odd that the Sylvania Xtravision headlights were causing a problem? They seem to be a slight upgrade for just a couple bucks more.