Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mirage, multiple dash lights just came on...

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2015 Mirage, multiple dash lights just came on...

I have a 2015 mirage with 67,000 miles. I was driving it and all of a sudden the ABS light came on along with the traction control light and stability light. So it's actually three lights that came on. It is very mysterious that after I replaced the front headlight bulbs to a pair of Sylviana Xtravision bulbs and drove the car for about 5 days, that these lights came on. I have no warranty because I am second owner. What could it be?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eco1.2 View Post
    I have a 2015 mirage with 67,000 miles. I was driving it and all of a sudden the ABS light came on along with the traction control light and stability light. So it's actually three lights that came on. It is very mysterious that after I replaced the front headlight bulbs to a pair of Sylviana Xtravision bulbs and drove the car for about 5 days, that these lights came on. I have no warranty because I am second owner. What could it be?
    The new headlamp bulbs caught my attention, so I looked them up. From what I found, Sylvania Xtravision is a halogen bulb, and is unlikely to cause your problems (though it sounds like a good bulb.)

I have some questions, just to gather more information:
    1. Are you using anything in your OBD-II port?
    2. Have you checked the electrical connector behind the kick panel?

Here's a couple of threads that might help:

No brake lights, abs , traction control warnings, won't shift out of park. (Solved)
    Corroded connector in cabin causing warning lights to come on.

Looking forward to seeing this solved.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eco1.2 View Post
    On some cars, this can mean an ABS wheel sensor has failed or become disconnected, thus disabling the ABS, traction control, and stability control systems with it (which all rely on the ABS sensors).

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just for a goof, check the level of brake fluid in the brake fluid reservoir. I don't know about the Mirage, but my ranger will turn on the ABS light, brake light etc if the fluid is low...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    ...this can mean an ABS wheel sensor has failed or become disconnected, thus disabling the ABS, traction control, and stability control systems with it (which all rely on the ABS sensors).
    +1

What do all those systems have in common? They all depend on input from the 4 wheel speed sensors to know how fast each wheel is turning. If the computer doesn't have a valid wheel speed signal from all 4 wheels, none of those systems can function properly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The lights are a red herring. Ignore them.

Go ge it scanned. It's an ABS fault of some sort.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Edit - This reply is to the post below. How it ended up ahead of post #8 is anyone's guess.

Interesting. We knew LEDs could have unintended consequences in a Mirage...but now extra-bright halogens are an issue, too? I thought others had already changed to these types of bulbs.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 09-29-2019 at 11:31 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update! *Fixed*
    Thanks to all who replied with their ideas. What I ended up doing was putting back the one good factory original headlight bulb, and replaced the other one with a sylviana basic headlight bulb and it seemed to do the trick. Dash lights are off now and stay off. It seems that it does not like those xtravision brighter bulbs, even though it's the same wattage, which is strange.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    That's good news. Thanks for letting us know.

Any chance you could post some pictures of those bulbs?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's good news. Thanks for letting us know.

Any chance you could post some pictures of those bulbs?
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/SYLVANIA-...8aAtZzEALw_wcB