Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We're number one!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Of course it won’t be getting you anywhere very fast
    I know people have been putting this as an "issue" but really, it's more than enough for small roads. Probably just me getting slightly annoyed when I read that it doesn't have enough power (specifically for driving around town). Realistically, I think it's extremely rare for your average driver to be at 80-100% WOT (wide open throttle) 4-5 times a week during their commute. Hell, even I don't in my Mirage lol...especially with the way traffic is.

Anyways, super interesting! With that MPG, considering city/highway MPG numbers, I'm assuming the average highway speed is 70mph to get those highway numbers as well. Either way, pretty cool the Mirage is #1

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

Pryme (10-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    I know people have been putting this as an "issue" but really, it's more than enough for small roads. Probably just me getting slightly annoyed when I read that it doesn't have enough power (specifically for driving around town). Realistically, I think it's extremely rare for your average driver to be at 80-100% WOT (wide open throttle) 4-5 times a week during their commute. Hell, even I don't in my Mirage lol...especially with the way traffic is.
    To me, this is added value for the Mirage/G4. People that are buying cars that have 2-3 times the horsepower are also paying for that in R&D and MPG. Rarely can they safely/legally utilize the full potential of their engines, as were Mirage/G4's most likely are utilizing every bit of displacement. And still getting great MPG...I am not able to drive for full MPG potential, and have a bit of a heavy right foot, and still I get mid to upper 30's. Not even trying. I really love this car, it's engine, and, yes, the CVT :P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
    To me, this is added value for the Mirage/G4. People that are buying cars that have 2-3 times the horsepower are also paying for that in R&D and MPG. Rarely can they safely/legally utilize the full potential of their engines, as were Mirage/G4's most likely are utilizing every bit of displacement. And still getting great MPG...I am not able to drive for full MPG potential, and have a bit of a heavy right foot, and still I get mid to upper 30's. Not even trying. I really love this car, it's engine, and, yes, the CVT :P
    Finally some CVT pride on here.......

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Slice and dice!

Interesting: the average "compact car" (smallest size category listed) transaction price in that data is $20,639.
    There is a sub compact category too further down the list. Avg was 16 and change.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-02-2019)