Thread: Citroen C1 vs Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Citroen C1 vs Mirage?

Last edited by Mirageman38; 06-22-2020 at 09:41 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I must have read fuelly wrong, as I was only seeing around 42mpg averaged.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I don't live in Europe but from what I can tell the Citroen C1 seems to be a very interesting option over there. The fact it is also available in a 2 door config, and has the optional 1L engine and even less features than the mirage by default brings its price down to somewhere near $11,000 MSRP and a higher MPG according to results on fuelly.

How do you guys think it stacks up to the Mirage? Even further could you live with a Kei car?

I own both a 2008 C1 and a 2014 1000cc Mirage (Spacestar here).

The C1 is a "Triplet", also marketed as Toyota Aygo and Peugeot 107. It has a variant of the Daihatsu (Toyota) 1KR engine, and is a bit lighter weight. The engine is long-stroke, but has the same max power and displacement (1000ccm) as this Mirage.
    The performance of the C1 engine is much different than the Mirage, offering much more power at low revs, no comparison! The aerodynamics of the Mirage is much better, making the Mirage around 20km/h faster.
    The body of the C1 is slightly shorter outside. In the engine compartment everything is terribly cramped. No place for your hands or tools. The bumper has to be taken off to access the alternator belt. Imagine the firewall of the Mirage four inches closer to the engine, and the bumper another 3 or four inches closer to the engine, thats the C1.
    The C1 luggage compartment is about half the size in comparison. Most C1 are two door versions. If you climb in the rear, you have to pull a front seat forward and collapse the seat back. Upon putting the front seat back, it will have lost its back inclination and and its position on the rail. You need to search for an acceptable position again. Takes time...

Very impractical body on the C1! Much plastic with a very plastic look that makes the Mirage look like a luxury car in comparison, and less sffective noise proofing. No rear windows will open.
    Economically, the Mirage uses round about 5-8% less fuel. The brakes and steering is totally comparable. The C1 front seats are slightly more comforable.
    Suspension on the C1 is very much sportier! No body roll issues, but your rear end feels every little piece of gravel on the road! The Mirage suspension is very much more comfortable, albeit the rear bobs up and down, but much more marshmallow ride.

All things considered, the C1 great for folks traveling alone or with only one passenger. Mirage is better for high speeds and passengers. Here both Mirage and C1 are not permitted to tow anything. C1 is rated for four people, Mirage for five. Here the cheapest C1 is about 20% more expensive than the cheapest Mirage.
    Last edited by foama; 10-01-2019 at 07:41 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-01-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    The official mpg is like 60 something. It has to be better with .2l less and 500lbs lighter. The mirage also shows poor results on fuelly compared to what we get.
    Europe's MPG is not our MPG.

Well, it is our MPG but not the MPG most of us use.

Super common for people to think a European economy is the same as America. It's off, by a good long ways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Europe's MPG is not our MPG.

Well, it is our MPG but not the MPG most of us use.

Super common for people to think a European economy is the same as America. It's off, by a good long ways.

There is a good site for comparing car costs. it is in English and other languages. Thousands of members enter their data, such as workshop expenses, fuel, etc., and the site lets anyone search through all that data. You could join yourself at no cost.

See:
    https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/search.html

I agree the Mirage (1.0L) is more car, more economical and better for the money. I average round about 55mpg (4,3L/100km) in the Mirage without hypermiling.

The C1 has received a newly styled body recently, looks a bit like a Yaris from the outside.

Last edited by foama; 10-02-2019 at 12:33 PM.