Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13-15 Front Brake Upgrade

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Name:  20220526_205046.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  90.0 KB

Upgraded mine to 2017+/attrage, the brake performance slightly better than original rotor.
    Not much for highway speed, but it looks better

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    i thought people were doing it for some sort of increased brake performance but the way you are explaining it sounds more like they just want more options when it comes to rotor replacement

i guess it moves the pads out further which improves braking, but no one in this thread talks about it
    I never said it was about more rotor replacement options. because that's not even a concern. Rock Auto has 17 different 2014-15 rotor optioins & 19 different 2017+ rotor options. Changing the brake brackets to get two more options would be silly. The only reason to change them would be for better braking performance. I sense some are getting better brake life with the 2017+ set up, but how much better is not real clear on the forum.

I have never driven a 2014-15 Mirage, & I can't comment on the braking difference. I'm quite sure Mitsubishi upgraded to larger rotors for better braking performance. How important is that in a small car like a Mirage is up to you?