Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help, (suspension thread)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Help, (suspension thread)

Well, looking into a stiffer suspension setup from struts to shocks to springs. I've saw multiple threads that people were saying yaris suspension would work, but what about the fronts? Also been told Honda Fit/Jazz suspension would work also. Just wondering with you guys if anyone has a solid answer. I been looking around but haven't had any luck. I've more have been looking into coilovers. I know godspeed makes them for the mirage. But the last time I've had godspeeds. They were horrible, so I'm steering away from them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's a picture of my car currently. I've had my mirage for a while now. 2019 ESName:  20190925_224132.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  97.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mejiasebass For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-02-2019)

Check out Loren's threads. He used his mirage for autocross. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-of-the-Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I checked it out, but he's using godspeed coilovers. I dont want to use godspeeds, I'm mainly looking for a alternative. I've heard many people use yaris or honda fit suspension but I want clarification. Before I up and buy something.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Are you already lowered?!? And what wheels/tires do you have? I can't really tell from your pic.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah not by a lot been looking into suspension because our platform is almost identical to a fit or yaris. Wheels are Prime(unsure of number) 15x7 unsure of offset. 195/55/15 no rubbing. They almost fit perfect. I plan on going up with width and auto x the car next summer. Reason why I been looking into suspension sungard

Welcome to the forum, Mejiasebass.

This might help:

Go to the advanced Garage search page: https://mirageforum.com/forum/dto_ga...hp?do=advanced

There's no wildcard search function, but put the letter "e" and do a search. (E is the most common letter in English -- the second most common letter is T. A, I, N, O, and S tie for third.)

Anybody who has text with a "e" in the suspension field in their garage page will come up. I get 4 pages of results.

Might help you find modifications by users who aren't active on the forum right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

PS: return the favour - make a garage page for your car so we can search for what you've done to it.

Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had no trouble with the Godspeed suspension. Just make sure you set it up correctly. "Too low" is a thing. "Too stiff" is also a thing. And you can set the shock length vs. spring perch heights wrong, too.

There's something to be said for an off-the-shelf solution that fits the car without modification.
    Simplify and add lightness.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (10-03-2019),MetroMPG (10-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mejiasebass View Post
    ...Wheels are...15x7 unsure of offset.
    ...195/55/15 no rubbing
    ...I plan on going up with width and auto x the car
    Loren is more qualified to speak on this topic. But I'm fairly certain that if it's not rubbing now...it will be in the future if you put any weight in the back or go with a wider tire with 15x7 wheels. You may have to "massage" the rear quarter panels to get them to fit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)