Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 review (going to make a video)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    I did a review on my hatchback and going to do another review soon...........
    Great review Johnny Mullet. You nailed all the good points to the Mirage. I've had mine going on 6 years soon in the spring. Overall a very reliable car, great fuel economy, better than average ride, and quality that's equal to a Toyota or a Honda, and looks better too.

For some reason my check engine light came on today for the first time. Admittingly I have always drove my Mirage a bit hard, and I did check my gas cap firstly. Hopefully that's all it is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I remember your review quite well. At the time, I hadn't test drove or seen a Mirage up close. Thus, I appreciated everything you shared.

My two daughters got married in 2017 (August & September weddings). I let the dust settle on that before buying my 2017 Mirage ES manual in October. Two years later (29,000 miles), I have no regrets!
    2 daughters getting married that close together? Father of the bride had to shell out some big bucks! lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did a review on my hatchback and going to do another review soon...........
    I remember watching this video when I was doing research on the Mirage and trying to decide if I wanted to buy one. Thanks Johnny Mullet for making this, you definitely helped influence my decision and after two months of ownership I'm extremely happy with my Mirage!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RhodySpaceStar For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-05-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Great review Johnny Mullet. You nailed all the good points to the Mirage. I've had mine going on 6 years soon in the spring. Overall a very reliable car, great fuel economy, better than average ride, and quality that's equal to a Toyota or a Honda, and looks better too.

For some reason my check engine light came on today for the first time. Admittingly I have always drove my Mirage a bit hard, and I did check my gas cap firstly. Hopefully that's all it is.
    keep us posted brother!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-05-2019)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just finished my 60K service and changed oil, cabin filter, front brakes/rotors, and trans fluid change. I also installed new tires and did my 60K review on the car............

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-06-2019),MetroMPG (10-05-2019),Subcompact Culture (10-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    I just finished my 60K service and changed oil, cabin filter, front brakes/rotors, and trans fluid change. I also installed new tires and did my 60K review on the car............
    Johnny - Thanks for sharing your 2nd Mirage ES review. Once again, you did a nice job! Honest, sincere owners of the Mirage are the best critics of this car for sure.

Question for you: Is this the first time you changed your manual transmission fluid, or the second time?

Schedule 1 indicates - Change manual transaxle/transmission oil every 30,000 miles.
    Schedule 2 indicates - Check manual transaxle/transmission oil level and condition every 30,000 miles. (No mention of changing it.)

Changing manual transmission fluid every 30,000 miles seems a bit excessive, but not clearly stating it needs to be changed in schedule 2 is a bit odd, too. My Mirage is at 29,000 miles, & I am planning to change my manual transmission oil @ 30,000 miles. Since it's so simple to do, I thought that I would see how it looks & decide what to do in the future. I don't mind changing it every 30,000 miles, but I've never done that on any other manual vehicle that I have owned.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    All you old geezers on here need to learn how to internet and give Mullett some love on youtube! Post a comment and like his video.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Nice review. I like that it's not too long & drawn out.

Also, nice shop. Someone takes care of their stuff.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    2 daughters getting married that close together? Father of the bride had to shell out some big bucks! lol
    It cost some bucks, but they are both very much worth it!

Two weddings couldn't have been more different. One was in a very small rural wooden church (8 pews maybe) in SW Wisconsin, & the other was in Helsinki Finland at the Temppeliaukio Church. Americans called it the "Rock" Church. My daughter's mother-in-law is a retired pastor from that church, & she performed the wedding ceremony (half English & half Finnish). If you are not familiar with the Temppeliaukio Church, it's probably the main tourist attraction in Helsinki. The church was built into a hillside of solid Rock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temppeliaukio_Church

Both weddings were special in their own way. Sorry for being off topic, but I am very proud of my two daughters! It's also why I put off buying my Mirage for a couple months that year.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It cost some bucks, but they are both very much worth it!

Two weddings couldn't have been more different. One was in a very small rural wooden church (8 pews maybe) in SW Wisconsin, & the other was in Helsinki Finland at the Temppeliaukio Church. Americans called it the "Rock" Church. My daughter's mother-in-law is a retired pastor from that church, & she performed the wedding ceremony (half English & half Finnish). If you are not familiar with the Temppeliaukio Church, it's probably the main tourist attraction in Helsinki. The church was built into a hillside of solid Rock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temppeliaukio_Church

Both weddings were special in their own way. Sorry for being off topic, but I am very proud of my two daughters! It's also why I put off buying my Mirage for a couple months that year.
    Gorgeous church! Wish we had ancient ruins in the states like that!