Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 review (going to make a video)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage G4 review (going to make a video)

Hi All! The first time I ever looked at/drive a Mirage G4 was 8/13 of this year, the day before I bought it. And it was totally by chance. That night, I scoured the web for reviews. I read and watched many reviews, including Doug Demuro's. Now, I've watched several of his videos before, so I knew sort of what to expect (also given the title of this review lol). I honestly got so pissed off by his very crappy (in the sense of not even knowing the year of the car you are reviewing??) that it was one of things that helped me decide to buy my G4. Now that I've had it a couple months, I want to do a REAL review of my car. I want to offer what it's like to really own, drive, and live with one. And I consider myself a life long car guy, so I can offer some pretty broad comparisons and input. Input is also what I'd like from here. If anyone has something about there Mirage they love or hate, I'd love to hear about it. I'd like to incorporate as much real world feedback as possible. I really feel like advocating for the Mirage/G4 for the people that don't know anything about it and could be missing out on a great car. I'm also going to address other car reviewers criticisms of the Mirage/G4. I've even thought about reaching out to Mitsubishi, to see if they like to supply any info, while not sponsoring as I want the review to not be influenced. So, please feel free to share what you'd like to see addressed in my review!! Thanks!

Todd

PS, While not a car review, I was in a contest where a commercial was made with myself, my FIAT and my dog (both of which I lost in March), so perhaps I'll call upon some of my 'acting chops' for the Mirage/G4 review. LOL. Here's a hopefully working link to the commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5QZ5p-qeDU

Last edited by MetroMPG; 10-05-2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: (Added to title)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Go4th For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-02-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Go4th cool video, sorry you lost your dog and also your FIAT. I had a German Sheppard/Husky growing up, and I still miss my dog. Glad you're loving your Mirage, however. Your acting chops are pretty good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Bro Ive been fighting the propaganda war on youtube in regards to the Mirage for six months. Get on my level. I need all the help I can get. I have a post on almost a Mirage related vids on there. My avatar is the same as the one on here and my handle is Magnuscat. Come, show your ass with me my friend. Its liberating.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice video. Great scenery on that drive, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Bro Ive been fighting the propaganda war on youtube in regards to the Mirage for six months. Get on my level. I need all the help I can get. I have a post on almost a Mirage related vids on there. My avatar is the same as the one on here and my handle is Magnuscat. Come, show your ass with me my friend. Its liberating.
    Found you on the Schmuck, er Doug's review! Will be jumping in later tonight. I got's lots to say to the uneducated haters Btw see you had a Metro. I learned to drive stick back in the day on our then brand new 89 Suzuki Swift GTi. I still think that car looks amazing, and was/is amazing for a little hot hatch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
    Found you on the Schmuck, er Doug's review! Will be jumping in later tonight. I got's lots to say to the uneducated haters Btw see you had a Metro. I learned to drive stick back in the day on our then brand new 89 Suzuki Swift GTi. I still think that car looks amazing, and was/is amazing for a little hot hatch.
    The goal is to get either Scotty Kilmer or Doug DeMoron to post a retraction video lol. There's all kinds of folks on youtube questioning whether to get one or not. The way I figure, the more we convert the more they sale, and the more they sale the more aftermarket parts become available.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did a review on my hatchback and going to do another review soon...........

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-05-2019),dspace9 (10-05-2019),inuvik (10-04-2019),MetroMPG (10-05-2019)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-04-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post

I think I watched that video; didn't you put in different springs or something? Video was nicely done.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    I remember your review quite well. At the time, I hadn't test drove or seen a Mirage up close. Thus, I appreciated everything you shared.

My two daughters got married in 2017 (August & September weddings). I let the dust settle on that before buying my 2017 Mirage ES manual in October. Two years later (29,000 miles), I have no regrets!