Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 year and still pretty good

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    100 and what 50k units sold in the North American alone would justify to me, lowering part prices. Well at least Mitsubishi heavy industries has decades experience manufacturing AC units for homes. Maybe that translates to our car having the most reliable AC in our class?
    Not so sure about that either as I've heard about as many A/C compressor failures as CVT failures.

Besides, they are different operating business units. Didn't Mitsubishi Motors separate from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries years ago?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Not so sure about that either as I've heard about as many A/C compressor failures as CVT failures.

Besides, they are different operating business units. Didn't Mitsubishi Motors separate from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries years ago?
    ?????

Attachment 15601
    Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    Raccoon was pretty big. About $4000 damage. Whole front bumper is cracked. Radiator frame is pulled down. Mitsubishi parts are very expensive. $700 for the radiator support alone! I will wait until prices for parts come down and then I will get it fixed.
    Save money buying used. Thankfully these things are easy to fix. I spent this morning replacing the front end on one. The entire rad support just unbolts same with the upper tie bar. Rad support and bumper rebar are the same from 15-19' probably 14 will work too? But the rebar is spot welded to the support. If only the bottom of the support is bent you can try straightening it easy enough, they get pushed back on our cars all the time, I just bot a chain to the bottom and pull them forward a little.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I see you are in Wisconsin, how'd it do in the winter?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ?????
    What don't you understand?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What don't you understand?
    Your going back and fourth on reliability of the Mirage is what I don't understand. You imply there a numerous reports on here of CVT and AC compressor issues, Ive only read 3 or 4 tops out of how many members, 800+? Im just trying to stay positive, which as we all know, is hard for me lol.

Mitsubishi Heavy industries would very much influence design aspects of our cars including electronics and AC. Mitsubishi is the biggest keiretsu in Japan, each division has a financial share or stake in the other, hence they share everything, including technology. As per Wikipedia:

"The member's companies own portions of the shares in each other's companies, centered on a core bank; this system helps insulate each company from stock market fluctuations and takeover attempts, thus enabling long-term planning in projects. It is a key element of the manufacturing industry in Japan."

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    If only there was data posted online of stuff like this! Comparing reliability of same parts in different manufacturers. Why isnt there data on the number of Nissans that hit 200k miles with Jatco CVTs? Why isnt there data about the average length of time a Mitsubishi designed compressor lasts? Repairpal and other sites like it claim they have concise data when in actuality it seems so generalistic to me. Jatco, on their website, says nothing about longevity! Nothing! Only how many units its sold. That's bull****.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Expecting JATCO to publicly publish CVT longevity data is like expecting McDonalds/Burger King to publish known health effects of consuming their food. Not gonna happen. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a sudden craving for some fries...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Expecting JATCO to publicly publish CVT longevity data is like expecting McDonalds/Burger King to publish known health effects of consuming their food. Not gonna happen. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a sudden craving for some fries...
    McDonalds and Burger King post the nutritional value, calories, grams of fat etc. They do put their info out there, as Jatco should. There's all kinds of data on safety, mpg, innovations, engine size, etc. Where's the info on CVT reliability? There's nothing but bull**** anecdotal opinion hit pieces from non mechanics! Unbelievable.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    McDonalds and Burger King post the nutritional value, calories, grams of fat etc. They do put their info out there, as Jatco should. There's all kinds of data on safety, mpg, innovations, engine size, etc. Where's the info on CVT reliability? There's nothing but bull**** anecdotal opinion hit pieces from non mechanics! Unbelievable.
    Great idea. How many manufacturers do you think will adopt this?