Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 year and still pretty good

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Red face 1 year and still pretty good

Well today is the 1 year anniversary of my purchase of my 2018 Mirage SE. Just over 25,200 miles on it. Rolled off the lot with 28 miles. So pretty heavy driving year so far. The car is showing an average mpg at 42.2. So, that I think is pretty darn good. I have had virtually no issues in the slightest bit with it. I had the oil changed every 7,500 miles per the book. Rotated the tires. Changed the air filter and she is still pretty good to go. I mean aside from hitting a raccoon at 60 on a rural highway at 2am. But that doesn't seem to affect the performance of the car. Not the most comfortable car I have had, but it is doing exactly what I wanted it to. Sip gas...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iriegnome For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (10-03-2019),Cobrajet (10-03-2019),Daox (10-03-2019),Eggman (10-03-2019),MetroMPG (10-05-2019),Top_Fuel (10-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good to hear! Keep us updated as you go. Must have been a small raccoon; seems any impact usually totals these cars, lol.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    Well today is the 1 year anniversary of my purchase of my 2018 Mirage SE. Just over 25,200 miles on it. Rolled off the lot with 28 miles. So pretty heavy driving year so far. The car is showing an average mpg at 42.2. So, that I think is pretty darn good. I have had virtually no issues in the slightest bit with it. I had the oil changed every 7,500 miles per the book. Rotated the tires. Changed the air filter and she is still pretty good to go. I mean aside from hitting a raccoon at 60 on a rural highway at 2am. But that doesn't seem to affect the performance of the car. Not the most comfortable car I have had, but it is doing exactly what I wanted it to. Sip gas...
    Seating position uncomfortable?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Raccoon was pretty big. About $4000 damage. Whole front bumper is cracked. Radiator frame is pulled down. Mitsubishi parts are very expensive. $700 for the radiator support alone! I will wait until prices for parts come down and then I will get it fixed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The seats are a bit small in the bottom area. Door sill is a bit high for a comfortable resting spot while driving. I really just think it is a small car. Since I put almost 100 miles per day on it, the hip room can be a bit of a distraction. But it does get 42.2mpg. So it balances out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Raccoon was pretty big. About $4000 damage. Whole front bumper is cracked. Radiator frame is pulled down. Mitsubishi parts are very expensive. $700 for the radiator support alone! I will wait until prices for parts come down and then I will get it fixed.

Wow! So, yeah, someone in a 2014/2015 Mirage hits that same raccoon and the car IS totaled! Glad it is still able to get you around (and still deliver great mpg).

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    The dealership quoted you $4k for a cracked front bumper? Thats Mercedes prices! Is your radiator still functioning? Mitsubishi does know people get these cars because many cant afford to pay exorbitant prices for parts and yet charge like its a Land Rover. Someone please explain this to me? Does this guy have options, like an independent body shop for the cracked bumper and a regular mechanic for the radiator?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The dealership quoted you $4k for a cracked front bumper? Thats Mercedes prices! Is your radiator still functioning? Mitsubishi does know people get these cars because many cant afford to pay exorbitant prices for parts and yet charge like its a Land Rover. Someone please explain this to me? Does this guy have options, like an independent body shop for the cracked bumper and a regular mechanic for the radiator?
    Mitsubishi doesn’t sell many cars in the USA, so there simply aren’t many after market parts available. I can get a brand new AC compressor for the Delorean for $130 on eBay simply because it is a commonly used Sanden part used by many manufacturers.

An AC compressor on a Mitsubishi is $800 because there are no other cars that use the same part. Mitsubishi is the only company that makes an AC compressor for our cars.

The same mess applies to many of the parts on our cars.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I don't get the impression that the $4000 bill was for the bumper alone, and I don't think you do either.

Don't panic - try used parts. Like stevedmc said, there's just not a whole lot of these in the U.S. to draw a lot of aftermarket support.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    100 and what 50k units sold in the North American alone would justify to me, lowering part prices. Well at least Mitsubishi heavy industries has decades experience manufacturing AC units for homes. Maybe that translates to our car having the most reliable AC in our class?