Thread: Passenger Seat Connector

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Passenger Seat Connector

I had to remove my entire interior a couple weeks ago. A tube fell off just above where the front passengers feet go. The tube leaked water into the entire car, then it sat at my office for 3 weeks. EVERYTHING was moldy. In any case, after reassembling everything I had one wire connector under the passenger seat that didn't seem to have a home. I'll attach a picture. I can't remember if it is extra, or supposed to be plugged into something.

Also, air bag light went on due to taking the seats out. Oops.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I just checked a 15' I'm working on. That plug goes into the black box bolted to the seat bottom. You can see it on the top of your picture. It goes on the inboard side of the plug that's already there. I don't know if it's supposed to route through that white clip or not.

And you'll need to turn the airbag light off with a scanner of some sort. Unhooking the battery is probably not gonna work for you. You can unhook airbags and sensors all day with the battery hooked up but the second you turn the key to run with something unplugged it'll throw a hard code.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower10 View Post
    I had to remove my entire interior a couple weeks ago. A tube fell off just above where the front passengers feet go. The tube leaked water into the entire car, then it sat at my office for 3 weeks. EVERYTHING was moldy. In any case, after reassembling everything I had one wire connector under the passenger seat that didn't seem to have a home. I'll attach a picture. I can't remember if it is extra, or supposed to be plugged into something.

Also, air bag light went on due to taking the seats out. Oops.
    Hello maxpower10. Great first post, considering you've been a member since August of 2014. I'm sure there's more to your story.

I'm going to guess that connector would serve a seat heater, but it's just a guess. I'm sure someone will be by soon with the real scoop on the matter.

And be sure to tell us more about your Mirage story and how you got here.

It would be good to make a Garage entry. Garage empty: add car

Never mind - ol' Fummins beat me to it. I think that black box is an occupant sensor - for weight - right Fummins? I recall there was some calibration procedure for that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just checked a 15' I'm working on. That plug goes into the black box bolted to the seat bottom. You can see it on the top of your picture. It goes on the inboard side of the plug that's already there. I don't know if it's supposed to route through that white clip or not.

And you'll need to turn the airbag light off with a scanner of some sort. Unhooking the battery is probably not gonna work for you. You can unhook airbags and sensors all day with the battery hooked up but the second you turn the key to run with something unplugged it'll throw a hard code.
    Sheesh you’d think I would have been able to see that by looking at it wouldn’t you? Should have asked the wife I’m sure she would have spotted it. I’ll check when I get home. Thank you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I’ll update the garage. I’ve got a few more questions I’ll post after searching first. You don’t get to 90,000 miles without a hiccup or two.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to maxpower10 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-03-2019)