Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm officially official now!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    It's been a long, drawn out process, by I am officially a Mirage owner now! Brought her home today. 2017 G4 ES 5 speed, 27,500 miles. A few scratches, but runs fine. Needs a little freshing in the interior, but I only paid $6500, bank values it at $9400. It will suit my needs fine: daily commute 60 miles round trip. Changing the oil tomorrow. Anyone use mobile 1 filters?
    Congrats on your Mirage! $6500 for 2-year old Mirage with that many miles seems like a good deal to me.

Last I remember (August of this year), Daox mentioned a desire to improve upon his rear sway bar design. I haven't heard him say much about it since that time, unless I missed it. A rear sway bar made a vast improvement to my Mirage. I hope he continues to sell them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (10-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Man...I can throw a rock from my front yard and almost hit Kettering...lol.

I remember seeing the scratches in the original ad. There are a couple of shops around that can spot paint that. A normal body shop will probably want to shoot the whole door. I just had to have that done on one of my doors and the bill was over $700.

Care to share the names of the shops that will spot paint it? I've had good luck with Carstar before...was $700 for the whole door or spot? Either way, cheaper than a rusted thru door replacement in a few years.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Looking good brother! My queen loves her G4 too. Man, dont blow too much $ at the bodyshop, the advantage of drivin a sh%tbox is not caring about dings and scratches lol. Wear it with pride.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (10-06-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    It's been a long, drawn out process, by I am officially a Mirage owner now! Brought her home today. 2017 G4 ES 5 speed, 27,500 miles. A few scratches, but runs fine. Needs a little freshing in the interior, but I only paid $6500, bank values it at $9400. It will suit my needs fine: daily commute 60 miles round trip. Changing the oil tomorrow. Anyone use mobile 1 filters?
    Nice looking car Atomic, I wish we could get a 4 door saloon version inthe UK. That's a cracking colour too. Interior shots please as I'm not too familiar with US specced interiors.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (10-06-2019),Dirk Diggler (10-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Looking good brother! My queen loves her G4 too. Man, dont blow too much $ at the bodyshop, the advantage of drivin a sh%tbox is not caring about dings and scratches lol. Wear it with pride.
    There's something to be said about that! If you spend $700 to get the scratch all fixed up, the next scratch you get will still make your cringe! If you don't fix it, the next scratch won't be as painful!

I get why you want to get it fixed, however! To you it's like a new car. If you take away the few dings/scratches & clean up the interior, it will seem like a new car!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (10-06-2019),Dirk Diggler (10-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

Yeah, I get that. It's just such an upgrade aesthetically from the 2007 Fit I've been driving already...want to keep it that way for a while. I'm sure touch up and some rustproofing will work, but never hurts to check. Hopefully I won't get another scratch like this one..I try not to make folks mad enough to key my car, lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Yeah, I get that. It's just such an upgrade aesthetically from the 2007 Fit I've been driving already...want to keep it that way for a while. I'm sure touch up and some rustproofing will work, but never hurts to check. Hopefully I won't get another scratch like this one..I try not to make folks mad enough to key my car, lol.
    I wouldn't pay a body shop to touch it. Find a matching door at a boneyard. Paying $100 for a replacement door is way better than paying somebody $300 to spot-paint it or $700 to respray the whole thing. That is what I did back in '16 when used parts for these cars were a lot harder to find. Even if you pay $100 for the door and $100 to have it shipped you will still be ahead. Swapping doors is VERY easy on the Mirage.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...oor-with-pics!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (10-06-2019),MetroMPG (10-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats on the car. I've used M1 filters and I got a lot of rattle on start up with them. I much prefer the fram ulta synthetic which doesn't give me the rattle.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (10-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Mark and Eggman are correct. I am out of stock on sway bars at the moment. I haven't ordered more because I've been working on improving the design. I'm very close to placing an order with my manufacturer though. Keep an eye on the board for more info. It would definitely help with body roll.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (10-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Find a matching door at a boneyard.

Paying $100 for a replacement door is way better than paying somebody $300 to spot-paint it or $700 to respray the whole thing.
    I definitely agree with that. I didn't pay for my repair so I took the most convenient option. If you can find a matching door somewhere, go for it. If someone has an easy search utility for nation-wide salvage yards, let's here it!

If you want to get an estimate on a spot repair, try these guys: http://dealerschoiceohio.com/

There are also some good YouTube videos on how to do a scratch repair with touch-up paint. It may not end up completely invisible, but it might be good enough to make you happy and it won't cost you anything but some time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (10-06-2019)