Thread: Zero Sen :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Mirage SE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Zero Sen
    Mitsubishi Mirage
    Mirage SE
    Thunder Gray
    5MT

I bought it with 239,000 kms. This was the cheap Mirage advertised for $1750 CDN. , and yet it still wasn't selling. I went, I saw, I bought. I'm happy.

Stock equipment (which is a lot of stuff)
    Climate control, bluetooth, cruise control, 6 way heated seats, power heated mirrors, rear seat vents, all power windows, fog lights, etc.

I find it funny that I went backwards to a '14 Mirage, a clone of my '14. Lol.

Details

Proposed: LED headlights, LED Fogs, LED gray side markers, body side moldings, air dams, air deflectors, rear sill mat, door sill protectors, Curt hitch
    sound deadening

•  

Proposed: LED dome and trunk lamps, 2nd dome lamp, blue LED footwell lamps, center armrest, weathertech front and rear, full neoprene seat covers, front and rear, seat back storage/protector, RAm/mcally tablet holder, rear storage tray, rear Mits cargo liner.

•  

navigation head, OEM or 3rd party, upgraded speakers,

•  

cartridge heater, fumoto drain valve, hood lift struts, front tower brace

•  

VW springs, rear sway bar

•  

Westlake 165/65R14 on Mits Alloy wheels

Proposed: Ecopia 422+ 185R55/15 on 5 spoke Mullins

Winter: Hankook 175R60/14 on steel rims

•  
    Comments: 4 / Views: 3414
    It actually came with Enasaves on it?

Another question: why did they have so much trouble selling it that they had to keep lowering the price so dramatically (3 price drops from the original $3k starting point)?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It actually came with Enasaves on it?

Another question: why did they have so much trouble selling it that they had to keep lowering the price so dramatically (3 price drops from the original $3k starting point)?
    It started at $3k? Wow. First, Port Stanley is out of the way of the big market, the GTA. It's even semi-remote from London, the closest big city. I don't imagine Mits has a large London following. Maybe they do, but IMO it was the km's that scared the crap out of buyers. We forum members know a 5mt with 150,000 miles is just getting broken in. But the general public sees that and figures the life of the car is over. As soon as I spoke with the owner it was easy to see he treated the car well, it was a highway commuter and is much cleaner than many cars I've seen with a fraction of the mileage.

I really do think I'm going to prefer it to my '17. Which is good. I want to keep the '17 mileage down for my kid. I didn't pay $1750 for it but I honestly couldn't bring myself to offer any less than what I did pay.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Zero Sen is HOME! and safely parked in my camera monitored driveway.

I can't say enough good things about the seller. He DELIVERED Zero Sen from Port Stanley to Niagara Falls on a Holiday weekend no less, with INSANE levels of traffic. It was 251 kms from there to my home.

When I offered to give him money for gas, seeing he gassed up Zero Sen for the trip, and his wife was in their other car, which obviously needed gas for the 500km round trip, he would have NO PART of that!!! Wow.

I pledged that if he ever needed any sort of help (other than moving bodies) with anything in the future in the Niagara area, that I'd be happy to help in any way I could. I can't express in writing how elated I am to have this Mirage in my life right now. I'm torn between doing the normal things to make it a comfortable daily driver or having fun and doing engine mods, body mods, wild rims, big tires, etc, etc, etc.

One unexpected but welcome surprise is the radio in Zero Sen seems much louder than in my '17.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    we had a really hot day last week and I discovered I have the plugged heater core. Ugh. Oh well, there's plenty of how to vids/notes on this topic. the big question for me is when I can get to this. I'm still juggling health issues which severely limit my abilities. I have having a fairly well equipped shop (mig/tig/arc,3 54" tool chests full, nothing compared to a pro but I think well armed for a DIY guy) and I really MISS working on my various hobbies.