Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsuko was Injured

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mitsuko was Injured

My poor dear, 15,000 Mile "17 G4 was wrecked today by a negligent driver. I am so upset. This reparable?? Sorry for lousy pic.

Name:  71538137_10157789339114171_2599898494890147840_n.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  92.1 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  mitsuko.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  99.0 KB Clearer pic

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    That's sickening. Hope everyone is ok.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All OK and the kid's Ford C-Max was not badly damaged. But mine could not be driven without issue and would need to be towed anyway. Lucky he had current insurance both with same company. I hope she can be repaired. I kind of like the ol' girl even with all the Mirage quirks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    All OK and the kid's Ford C-Max was not badly damaged. But mine could not be driven without issue and would need to be towed anyway. Lucky he had current insurance both with same company. I hope she can be repaired. I kind of like the ol' girl even with all the Mirage quirks.
    I've got one here worse looking, the lf wheel was torn right off. Insurance wrote ours off, we bought back for parts but decided to fix it as there's no frame damage and we already have most of the parts to fix it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Man that sucks. Glad everyone is OK.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wine Red 2017 G4 SE fully loaded, 15,700 miles since 11/16 when bought.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    Wine Red 2017 G4 SE fully loaded, 15,700 miles since 11/16 when bought.
    I'm sorry to say but that damage is very close to what happened to my '14 which was written off. It really upset me.

I see Cobra mentioned the airbags but none fired. As long as the front frame piece is not bent you might be OK. It's a $1300 hit up here. Just that. Rarity of your car means nothing. My '14 had heated seats, alloys, Climate control, heated mirrors, etc. but that made no difference to the insurance pukes. It was nothing more than a base model ES to them.

Here in Ontario, it appears we don't have the right anymore to get a total loss settlement sheet which details what various wreckers have bid for the carcass. So we can't buy ours back.
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 10-08-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I'm sorry to say but that damage is very close to what happened to my '14 which was written off. It really upset me.

I see Cobra mentioned the airbags but none fired. As long as the front frame piece is not bent you might be OK. It's a $1300 hit up here. Just that. Rarity of your car means nothing. My '14 had heated seats, alloys, Climate control, heated mirrors, etc. but that made no difference to the insurance pukes. It was nothing more than a base model ES to them.

Here in Ontario, it appears we don't have the right anymore to get a total loss settlement sheet which details what various wreckers have bid for the carcass. So we can't buy ours back.
    That sucks! We always get to buy our wrecks back. If we don't buy it then they go to what ever salvage auction yard the insurance company deals with. It's easier for them just to sell it to us, they save on storage and towing and auction fees.

I've got a friend who had someone run into his truck writing it off. As usual the insurance company offered next to nothing to replace the truck. They kept sending buddy "comparable ads" from kijiji of 1/2 ton short box trucks while he had a 3/4 ton long box which are becoming harder to come by. I personally I thought what he was offered was fair but he stuck to his guns and eventually got close to what he wanted from them, it took a few months but he got almost double what they originally offered lol .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ouch that's not good. Any word what the insurance company says is the plan for the car?
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...