Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsuko was Injured

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The damage I can see does not seem to be structural. Any airbags go off? If not, then she will likely be repaired. If two or three $800 airbags blew, then she might be done for.

But you can always buy her back...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-08-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    How's your neck and back? Often times whiplash can be residual.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    All OK and the kid's Ford C-Max was not badly damaged. But mine could not be driven without issue and would need to be towed anyway. Lucky he had current insurance both with same company. I hope she can be repaired. I kind of like the ol' girl even with all the Mirage quirks.
    I've got one here worse looking, the lf wheel was torn right off. Insurance wrote ours off, we bought back for parts but decided to fix it as there's no frame damage and we already have most of the parts to fix it.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am hoping for repair because, at least around here, new G4 SE with my mandatory alloy wheels and heated seats are impossible to find. I am ok, no whiplash or hurt to speak of. No airbags went off, was not all that high speed. I think I just got hit at the right angle to do a lot damage. I didn't try driving too much as some inner fender lining was dragging, but do not suspect any structural damage.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsuko For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-08-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wine Red 2017 G4 SE fully loaded, 15,700 miles since 11/16 when bought.
    I'm sorry to say but that damage is very close to what happened to my '14 which was written off. It really upset me.

I see Cobra mentioned the airbags but none fired. As long as the front frame piece is not bent you might be OK. It's a $1300 hit up here. Just that. Rarity of your car means nothing. My '14 had heated seats, alloys, Climate control, heated mirrors, etc. but that made no difference to the insurance pukes. It was nothing more than a base model ES to them.

Here in Ontario, it appears we don't have the right anymore to get a total loss settlement sheet which details what various wreckers have bid for the carcass. So we can't buy ours back.
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 10-08-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I'm sorry to say but that damage is very close to what happened to my '14 which was written off. It really upset me.

I see Cobra mentioned the airbags but none fired. As long as the front frame piece is not bent you might be OK. It's a $1300 hit up here. Just that. Rarity of your car means nothing. My '14 had heated seats, alloys, Climate control, heated mirrors, etc. but that made no difference to the insurance pukes. It was nothing more than a base model ES to them.

Here in Ontario, it appears we don't have the right anymore to get a total loss settlement sheet which details what various wreckers have bid for the carcass. So we can't buy ours back.
    That sucks! We always get to buy our wrecks back. If we don't buy it then they go to what ever salvage auction yard the insurance company deals with. It's easier for them just to sell it to us, they save on storage and towing and auction fees.

I've got a friend who had someone run into his truck writing it off. As usual the insurance company offered next to nothing to replace the truck. They kept sending buddy "comparable ads" from kijiji of 1/2 ton short box trucks while he had a 3/4 ton long box which are becoming harder to come by. I personally I thought what he was offered was fair but he stuck to his guns and eventually got close to what he wanted from them, it took a few months but he got almost double what they originally offered lol .
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Mitsuko, that's too bad. Glad no injuries though.

What happened exactly?

Any word from insurance?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A young fellow ran a stop sign and plowed in to the passenger side front, did her in. She's totalled. Got the news this AM. Going shopping soon, likely another Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    That's a bummer.

One of the few downsides of these cars is that they are totaled if you look at them funny. Hopefully you'll get a reasonable settlement and be back on the road soon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    She's totalled. Got the news this AM. Going shopping soon, likely another Mirage.
    Sorry to hear it, but I'm sure it's for the best. Any idea on what's going to happen to Mitsuko? Those wheels are pretty sweet - it'll be a shame to see them wind up in a scrapyard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)