Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The word is getting out! "The Cheap Mirage is Headed Towards its Best Sales Year"

Country
    United States
    Thanks

The word is getting out! "The Cheap Mirage is Headed Towards its Best Sales Year"

Saw this in my news feed:

The Extremely Cheap Mitsubishi Mirage Is Headed Towards Its Best Sales Year

As new cars get more expensive, the Spartan hatchback is starting to stand out.
    Full article: https://www.thedrive.com/news/30144/...est-sales-year

I know its been discussed here, but its being discussed elsewhere, too.

Last edited by MetroMPG; 10-11-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: (Merged threads - added info to title)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Ha! Awesome. This ought to be good. I wonder if the author reads the forum??

Chad Kirchner - say, don't we have a Chad??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

The Extremely Cheap Mitsubishi Mirage Is Headed Towards Its Best Sales Year

Best year for the Mirage yet?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/30144/...est-sales-year

strong month with 2,196 sales. That's up 28.4-percent compared to September 2018, and it puts the little hatchback on course for what might be its best year ever. That's not insignificant in an up-and-down year. Likewise, Eclipse Cross year-to-date sales have nearly tripled compared to 2018. Has once-moribund Mitsubishi finally come back from the dead?
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (10-09-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I swear I see more Eclipses than other brand SUVs. Maybe I just tend to notice Mits a bit more.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I swear I see more Eclipses than other brand SUVs. Maybe I just tend to notice Mits a bit more.
    I don't put a lot weight in articles like these. They are very vague, & you can twist anything to sound good.

In my opinion, the Eclipse Cross is sort of a flop. It not a horrible vehicle by any means. It's Mitsubishi's newest model, but it isn't outselling their older models. It't not even outselling the Mirage, & small economy cars aren't all that popular these days. Then again, the Eclipse Cross has some serious competition. Through September of 2019

Eclipse Cross = 15,859 vehicles sold
    Mirage = 21,177
    Outlander Sport = 26,119
    Outlander = 32,385

So when they say the Eclipse Cross sales have tripled from last year, you need to realize Eclipse Cross sales were horrible the first year!!!! Plus, they are including a month (January) where the Eclipse Cross didn't exist and the first month (February) 49 vehicles were sold.

To say Eclipse Cross sales have tripled from last year isn't saying much in my opinion. It's just someone making something out of nothing.

I am not knocking the Eclipse Cross totally, but wedging a vehicle in between two SUVs they already have wasn't Mitsubishi's smartest move.

The KIA Soul pretty much outsells the entire Mitsubishi line up combined. An AWD version of something like that would have been way popular than the Eclipse Cross in my opinion. Building/selling the Mitsubishi Triton (pickup) in the U.S. would also help put Mitsubishi back on the map.

I'm sorry, but I don't think the Eclipse Cross had done that for Mitsubishi. The Mirage (bringing a world car to the U.S.) has done more for Mitsubishi than the Eclipse Cross.

Just another view - I may be totally wrong, too!
    Last edited by Mark; 10-10-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    AtomicPunk was first to post this article. That thread can be found here:

The word is getting out!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, Eggman. Just do one of your famous thread merges and put it all under this heading; more descriptive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Likewise, Eclipse Cross year-to-date sales have nearly tripled compared to 2018. Has once-moribund Mitsubishi finally come back from the dead?
    I am tellin' ya, if I needed a nice AWD CUV...

https://www.leskovar.com/new/Mitsubi...6aa4a835f3.htm

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I am tellin' ya, if I needed a nice AWD CUV...

https://www.leskovar.com/new/Mitsubi...6aa4a835f3.htm
    For sure, it’s pretty hard to get a better price than Leskovar’s prices (at least in the Pacific NW). I bought my Outlander Sport from them and got a smokin’ deal. It was worth the almost 1000 mile round trip for sure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

The Extremely Cheap Mitsubishi Mirage Headed Towards Its Best Sales Year - The DRIVE

[EDIT: OOPS! Started a thread on this without seeing this one yesterday. Merged my post into here... ]

---

Nice to see some Mirage recognition from a big traditional gearhead blog site:

"As new cars get more expensive, the Spartan hatchback is starting to stand out."

The Mitsubishi Mirage, the cheap car that auto journalists love to hate, had a strong month with 2,196 sales. That's up 28.4-percent compared to September 2018, and it puts the little hatchback on course for what might be its best year ever. That's not insignificant in an up-and-down year. ... Has once-moribund Mitsubishi finally come back from the dead?

"I think there's an affordability story," said Tyson Jominy of J.D. Power to The Drive. "Many automakers have discontinued models at the lower end of their portfolio. This creates more opportunity for a company like Mitsubishi to succeed."
    Read the full article: https://www.thedrive.com/news/30144/...est-sales-year

I think maybe they were browsing Subcompact Culture's site!

Subcompact Culture:
    Thread: The Little Mitsubishi Mirage Continues to Sell Big

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-10-2019),Subcompact Culture (10-10-2019)