Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Problem: Small Evap Leak!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Interesting about the service engine light going off?

I've looked into the new Venue since you posted this, & I like the vehicle, too. It's in a competitive field right now, but I also like that a 6-speed manual is offered.
    Yea, so that makes me think my Mirage's evap leak may be from a faulty sensor. In any case, my new gas cap and my tightened evap hose won't hurt anything.

About the Venue, looks more like a small truck, like a smaller RAV-4, than a Kia Soul does. I have to see a Venue in person like to really give my true opinion. If you can get 34 mpg out of it, I will consider Hyundai. A 2 year old used Venue would save a lot of money than buying new.

I don't know why Venue isn't offered with AWD.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Yay! The evap leak fixed itself! The G4 no longer leaks fluid I think. Maybe the Mirage has mutant healing abilities like Wolverine from Xmen?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-01-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yay! The evap leak fixed itself! The G4 no longer leaks fluid I think. Maybe the Mirage has mutant healing abilities like Wolverine from Xmen?
    Hope so Dirk. I haven't driven my Mirage today, but the check engine light turned off on its own driving home late last night from a party.

Dear Magic Car: please start refueling yourself forever too.

How's the gas prices down in the Caribbean? Is it pounds for currency?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    American dollars down here. Its almost $6 a gallon. If your a local its not too bad because its such a small island your tank could last a month as long as you dont use your car for work. Groceries are insanely expensive, 4x the costs of the US and a jerk chicken plate with beans and rice costs $25! Oh and your expected to tip for everything, not just the usual waiters and cab drivers but the hotel doormen, the maid, the guy who does your towels, the airport livery guys, the tour guides, the hotel manager, the deli guy at the grocery store etc etc. They pump every tourists for every cent they can, total scam. I saw an Indian family at the pool restaurant get yelled at and refused service because they didnt tip for ANYTHING! I guess tipping isnt in their culture? I heard them complain to the resort manager and he basically told them to get on the next flight home to India lol! They retorted they were American and the resort manager was like "Real Americans tip." I about spilled my rumpunch laughing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    About the Venue, looks more like a small truck, like a smaller RAV-4, than a Kia Soul does. I have to see a Venue in person like to really give my true opinion. If you can get 34 mpg out of it, I will consider Hyundai. A 2 year old used Venue would save a lot of money than buying new.

I don't know why Venue isn't offered with AWD.
    My favorite vehicles were the 1st and 2nd generation AWD manual Honda CR-V & Toyota RAV4. I've never owned the Toyota RAV4, but I really liked the early Honda CR-V models. Sadly, they got bigger and bigger. When they dropped the manual option, I lost all interest in them.

A small AWD/4WD manual SUV made by Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, KIA, or Mitsubishi would interest me some day, but they haven't been building this type of powertrain for quite some time. Given my place in life, I would be drawn to the Suzuki Jimny if it was offered in North America.

Presently, our 2020 AWD/4WD manual transmission options are reduced to the Jeep Compass & Wrangler in the States. I am not big fan of Fiat/Chrysler products, however.

Buying a used Hyundai Venue is a wise move for multiple reasons. First year depreciation is the worst. Plus, this is a totally new model for Hyundai. I would rather spend my money on something that is more proven. Happy 2014-15 Mirage owners helped inspire me to buy a new 2017 Mirage. If I had sensed some red flag reliability issues, I would have never bought one. I don't like visiting dealerships for anything, especially when they are a long distance away.

I hope the Venue is a good product for Hyundai. Sadly, it's being pushed as a city SUV, which reduces the need for AWD. If you don't need AWD, however, it can be a waste of money (initial cost & operating costs). I like window shopping for vehicles, but hate spending money on them!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My favorite vehicles were the 1st and 2nd generation AWD manual Honda CR-V & Toyota RAV4. I've never owned the Toyota RAV4, but I really liked the early Honda CR-V models. Sadly, they got bigger and bigger. When they dropped the manual option, I lost all interest in them.
    Just a quick update about my 2014 Mirage's evap leak, and a small recap of my situation.

I just wanted to say that my dash check engine light has been off for almost 2 months. Good news in short. To recap; Mitsubishi replaced my gas cap, Mitsubishi did a smoke test, and they found a small leak in the return thing for the gas fumes. They tightened some bolts, and called it a day. All of this took around 100 hours over the course of at least 5 different days waiting at the dealership.

Anyway the check engine light was still coming on after they "fixed" the issue, but somehow a miracle has occurred, and now the engine light has been off for almost 2 months. So I don't know.

Seems to be actually working optimally now.

I drive on Shell gas in the summer, and PETRO Canada winter grade regular in the winter.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-21-2020),MetroMPG (03-24-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Just a quick update about my 2014 Mirage's evap leak, and a small recap of my situation.

I just wanted to say that my dash check engine light has been off for almost 2 months. Good news in short. To recap; Mitsubishi replaced my gas cap, Mitsubishi did a smoke test, and they found a small leak in the return thing for the gas fumes. They tightened some bolts, and called it a day. All of this took around 100 hours over the course of at least 5 different days waiting at the dealership.

Anyway the check engine light was still coming on after they "fixed" the issue, but somehow a miracle has occurred, and now the engine light has been off for almost 2 months. So I don't know.

Seems to be actually working optimally now.

I drive on Shell gas in the summer, and PETRO Canada winter grade regular in the winter.
    Yay! Finally some good news! I'll take whatever I can get.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-21-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yay! Finally some good news! I'll take whatever I can get.
    I know eh, you know what though Dirk I will hit a bump in the road, and my engine light will come back on haha. My check engine light has been on and off for this minor fume leak for the past 6 months or more. I thought I could smell gas at one point in my car trouble ordeal, but not now for sure.

I mostly care about the engine light on in case I need to sell my car, or trade it in, and looking at the climate of the times, not a good time to buy a new car.

Still, feels like a minor miracle. Now my only car problem is half the centre console's night light is off, shorted out like.

I love my Mirage but my personal car seems to have issues. At least this way people on the Forum can see potential problem spots thru the lens of my car's issues. None are my fault since I have worked hard to keep my Mirage in good condition.. my Mirage's issues are symptomatic of what can go wrong on Mitsubishi's end in their first year build of a new model, not my maintenance.

Mitsubishi Mirage is a pretty reliable car but honestly nothing is perfect, and mine is going through Canadian winter driving similar to Buffalo NY weather.
    Last edited by dspace9; 03-21-2020 at 11:26 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-24-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    You think it's a bad time to buy a car? I'm thinking prices might plummet.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hard to say. I think there might be more incentives available for new car shoppers, but I am more watching the prices of real estate.

Myself I just don't want to be walking around car showrooms right now with the whole virus epidemic going on, it's like a twilight zone episode.

Last edited by dspace9; 03-21-2020 at 12:09 PM.