Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem: Small Evap Leak!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My plan now is to take my car to a regular mechanic, and let them fix it. My Mirage is new enough it's worth sinking some money into it.

On principle I feel that I bought my 10 year warranty the day I bought my car.

That said, I can't even afford the time any more to spend ,yet another day, at the dealer. Last time I felt like I was at the greyhound station, waiting for transportation. It's annoying, but clearly they're not gonna really 'fix' my issue.

The passive-aggressive service tech is about 1 string from me snapping, and I'm not getting entangled. It's just a car, lots of people have far larger issues so I don't want to be a jerk.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

[quote=
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:49 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I won't be able to get you the code, unfortunately Fummins. I don't think the dealer is making things up saying it's an 'evap leak code'

They're too busy making up other things

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    What about reaching out to MMNA corporate?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I won't be able to get you the code, unfortunately Fummins. I don't think the dealer is making things up saying it's an 'evap leak code'

They're too busy making up other things
    trying to help the helpless is pointless.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:50 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Is there a napa type of place around with a crappy code reader that'll do it for free? I think down south autozone may read your engine light for free. Not sure about in canuckstan though.

Whatever the fix is, it's probably easy. Working outside in the winter sucks though. That seems to be when engine lights like to turn on more often lol.
    No honestly I know like 5 people who have a reader. I was refusing to check myself, now I am just taking my car to my old mechanic, from my VW Rabbit era.

If they can't find and fix the evap leak in a few hours, then I will live with the problem with my Mirage. If I sell my Mirage, I will just take off the check engine light before selling it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What about reaching out to MMNA corporate?
    I thought of that, but I think the Mitsu Big Wigs are just bigger dinks. Like not to bring up my starter/flywheel issue, but they were dinks until I really pushed it. Then they said they put over 3 grand of work into my Mirage. Well, don't sell faulty products!

I love my Mirage but it has caused a lot of headaches for me this year, and 90% of it is because it's a first-year run Mirage. Could be an indestructible car in theory.

If you want to see what happens when you call Mitsu corporate, you'll see what I mean.

I really see why the dealer sees me as a scrooge too, but it's annoying to have spent now about 50+ hours literally at the dealer, in the waiting room, in the 2019 calendar year. That might even be a conservative estimate.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I really see why the dealer sees me as a scrooge too, but it's annoying to have spent now about 50+ hours literally at the dealer, in the waiting room, in the 2019 calendar year. That might even be a conservative estimate.
    That should be incentive for corporate to get this fixed once and for all. The dealer should give you a loaner.

It would be motivating if you could have an independent mechanic make the repair - as long as it takes - then send the bill for the mechanic and your rental to Mitsubishi.

If only that were the case.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That should be incentive for corporate to get this fixed once and for all. The dealer should give you a loaner.

It would be motivating if you could have an independent mechanic make the repair - as long as it takes - then send the bill for the mechanic and your rental to Mitsubishi.

If only that were the case.
    Ya exactly Eggman, and my friend at work told me the same thing. They should give me a loaner car until my Mirage is fixed.

If only it was that simple. I have had 2 loaners from the dealer in the past, free of charge. A 17 RVR and a 18 Lancer Sportback. I feel like the 10 year warranty thing is a scam. If the engine light is on, that's powertrain.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I thought of that, but I think the Mitsu Big Wigs are just bigger dinks. Like not to bring up my starter/flywheel issue, but they were dinks until I really pushed it. Then they said they put over 3 grand of work into my Mirage. Well, don't sell faulty products!

I love my Mirage but it has caused a lot of headaches for me this year, and 90% of it is because it's a first-year run Mirage. Could be an indestructible car in theory.

If you want to see what happens when you call Mitsu corporate, you'll see what I mean.

Im right there with you D. Mitsubishi has been dodging me for weeks about replacing the heatercore on the G4. Shady as hell!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-13-2019)