Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem: Small Evap Leak!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yea but what rhymes with Shady Mitsubishi though 50 cent mentions Mitsubishi in one of his songs.

I like their cars, but not their corporation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Evaporative system leaks are directly related to emission controls. Unfortunately heaters are not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's the principle. The fact I bought an appliance with a 10 year power-train warranty.

I shouldn't have to be using a code reader. I want to know where the evap leak is too, if that is even the issue. Who knows. I want to get a second opinion anyways. Maybe the dealer has been making balogna up.

Maybe I should use the Walkaway insurance I also purchased in April, 2014. That's probably a misnomer name too. I am considering buying a used Nissan Micra for like $6000 no more.

For a second car that won't strand me with a faulty starter and now exhaust system so no smoking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Down here in Atlanta, you cant pass emissions if you have a check engine light on and if you do, you cant renew your annual tag. Is turning off the check engine light and then privately selling, legal in Canada? I know it ain't here.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    HOw many km are on your car again?
    127,000 km's.

Fresh oil change, and my car has been Krown rust-controlled from day 1 so it's mint. Well-used actually but in good shape.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Down here in Atlanta, you cant pass emissions if you have a check engine light on and if you do, you cant renew your annual tag. Is turning off the check engine light and then privately selling, legal in Canada? I know it ain't here.
    Not exactly, or at least not exactly ethical. There are worse scams going on in the used car industry, that's for sure. Anyone buying my Mirage is getting a pretty good car really.

Ontario has a Tory aka Conservative majority gov't so they made emissions tests optional across the board, not mandatory like it was under the liberals and the NDP probably invented the emissions test.. which as a point to it I suppose.

They raised the freeway speed limit near me to 110. Michigan is like 120 so who knows. Holland it's different day or night I believe.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Maybe I should use the Walkaway insurance I also purchased in April, 2014. That's probably a misnomer name too. I am considering buying a used Nissan Micra for like $6000 no more.

For a second car that won't strand me with a faulty starter and now exhaust system so no smoking.
    Sounds serious. Have you considered getting a newer Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    How many km are on your car again?
    You might want to do a little reading in your warranty guide as to what is actually covered by the 10 year "powertrain" warranty. I'll type it here for everyone.
    Anyways. good luck.
    I just tell them I can't read to save a buck. I know more about things than I let on, but ya I guess emissions might not be covered.

Plus now starting this year, if you buy a new Mirage, I think it's a TRUE 10 year warranty. Good luck to those folk! I wouldn't buy another Mitsubishi. I love my Mirage but it has been annoying lately. I feel like the 10 year warranty is sold like upsold. To get you to buy a car, and they upsell to beyond what the warranty actually is.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Sounds serious. Have you considered getting a newer Mirage?
    No. I love my Mirage, particularly the gas mileage, and I like the handling very much. Great fun to drive with the stick shift.

But I would never buy Mitsubishi again. I wouldn't mind buying a used Nissan Micra with a manual tranny if the price is right. My Mirage has a lot of sentimental value so it's my side car even if I buy a Subaru or whatever

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has anyone else here reported an annoying evaporative leak? I don't see this plaguing other Mirages, just a one-of-a-kind fluke.

Maybe it's a bit early to cast off Mitsubishi Mirages because of an incompetent service department?