Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem: Small Evap Leak!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Problem: Small Evap Leak!

My Mirage's "service engine soon' dash light came on randomly, and for the first time last week. I took my Mirage into the dealer today, since my car is still under warranty. Turns out there was some corrosion on the fuel filler neck. So that was cleaned.. and they applied silicone to the surface.

This service was covered 100% by Mitsubishi free and without me asking. So, that's good the warranty works now.

I had some bad luck/issues with my local Mitsu dealer earlier this year re: faulty engine starter. * Took them 2 hours today to service the car since they were backed up apparently, but I got 2 free cookies.

The staff changes at my local dealer so much. Maybe that's normal in the auto industry

*I never raised my voice or swore, but I threatened legal action and that got the ball rolling

Last edited by dspace9; 10-11-2019 at 08:32 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had the same exact code and found the fuel cap was not tight enough. The wife knows to turn to click, but she told me she got a full service fill up at a station in NY which caused the issue. I have my own scanner and found and fixed the issue. The dealer would write it up as an issue for a warranty repair so the tech and shop made a few bucks. That is how it works.

I worked at a few dealerships and know the games and seen the good and the bad, but it's mostly bad.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    ...she got a full service fill up at a station in NY
    Wait...full service? They still do that somewhere?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    In Jersey you cant pump your own gas ever! Some old school union mob boss mafia sh@t up there.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-12-2019),Wallythacker (10-17-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    I worked at a few dealerships and know the games and seen the good and the bad, but it's mostly bad.
    Today was a good experience. I had a free Earl Grey tea with real teabag. I prefer that to a keurig disc. The coffee selection was good too, like for being free.

Seeing the $0 amount on the bottom of the receipt was the best part of the day however.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I had a full service fill-up at a station in the Boston MA area. It was like stepping back in time. And kinda nice to chat with a friendly old man - he helped us find our way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm spoiled. There's a full service chain in Niagara with plenty of stations in Niagara Falls proper and the outlying areas. There's one down my street, 400 yards away and another in a plaza I drive past all the time, about 800 yards away. And.....they are usually cheaper, in some cases as much as .30 c/gallon. They are no frills, but they have washer fluid and oil.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The dealer cleaned up the corrosion on my fuel filler and added silicone. 3 days after my service, the light came back on my dash, and I"m back to square 1.

I go back to Mitsubishi tomorrow (another Friday afternoon spent at Mitsubishi. I should bring War and Peace to read). Mitsubishi is replacing the gas cap.

And if that doesn't work, the next step is a replacing the whole fuel filler part.

My windshield washer nozzle on the right side doesn't work either.

All minor things, but irritants nonetheless.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

evap leak repaired

I have a new gas cap on my Mirage, after getting a small leak in my gas cap/fuel filler area. Finally all fixed, and the check engine light on the dash has not come on again, like it did after my first repair at Mitsubishi.

Getting Mitsubishi to cover stuff has been way harder than I expected. Oh well, now my car is fixed... new gas cap and all -- but I was at the dealer about 10-15 hours total, over 4 separate Fridays.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-02-2019),fc321 (11-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My windshield washer on the drivers side shoots a jet of the water too far to the side so it doesnt hit the windshield directly. I tried cleaning the nozzle with a safety pin. If i ever go to dealership for some other warranty repair or recall I will have them fix that.

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)