Thread: Mirage compared to Tesla (Engineer Explained YT video)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

Mirage compared to Tesla (Engineer Explained YT video)

I think I've probably mentioned it before, but I like the youtube channel Engineer Explained. He puts out interesting info to me (I'm also an engineer). Anyway, in this video he compares a Tesla's emissions to all sorts of cars. He takes the highest EPA rated vehicles such as the best gas hybrid (Ioniq), the best pure gasoline (Mirage!), and best diesel (Cruze). The information is interesting IMO and thought you guys might like to check it out.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-14-2019),Marklovski (10-13-2019),Top_Fuel (10-14-2019)

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm a huge fan of his videos as well, and when I saw the line for the Mirage, I knew the video would crop up here. It's very interesting how even with the facts stacked so much in favor of the non-electric vehicles, the electric cars still (marginally) come out on top. Even the "worst" EV is still better for CO2 emissions.

I'd be curious to see these numbers ran up using real-world numbers, just to see how bad the gap really is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Just tell me which one of the subject vehicles is the least expensive to purchase, operate and maintain.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)