Thread: 40,000km review.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

40,000km review.

Of a 2018 Mirage ES (CDM).

The seats are failing, or, I'm used to the support I have in my Micra. There's a large hole where I feel like there used to be some lumbar support. I feel like my size has depressed it a bit.

The Enasaves have lasted 25000km, and due to a missed rotation, will be done soon. Fronts were at 3/32, rears at 6/32nd. Since the car simply does NOT wear rear tires, I may get another year out of them, I just won't pass safety at 3/32nd, so I'll swap winters for my annual inspection. Hopefully the fronts wear down 2 or 3/32nds before the now rears drop to 2/32nds.

The car has developed some rattles, some of which end up being garbage trying to act as a subwoofer, some is just clackity cheap car noises.

The brakes are still at new, the car is still basically new. Several heat shields rattle due to being loosened by snow, but uh, that's it.

Maintaining roughly 4.5l/100. The heater and hvac still sucks on cold mornings, but with a rear window cracked and heat on full hot full speed on defrost, it tries to keep up. I run a small ceramic heater in cab along with the block heater for 1.5hr each morning, which helps greatly.

Only repair has been the Head Unit when the vehicle had 400km on it because bluetooth kept disconnecting.

The car is a magnet for parking lot dings. Its... completely beat. Nothing major, but damn it's been ****kicked!

And, that's about it. 41,400km, still have the same complaints, still 90% happy with the car, which is how much I loved it at 2000 and 20,000km. Only time I hated it was the cross country move. Needed about 20 more lb-ft to make that trip not suck, but oh well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-15-2019),inuvik (10-15-2019),Top_Fuel (10-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    ...There's a large hole where I feel like there used to be some lumbar support.
    Have you seen this post? Maybe it will help.

The heater and hvac still sucks on cold mornings...
    You have an interior moisture problem...right? Or do you have a lack-of-heat problem like Doax had?

Restricted Heater Core - Low Heat

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have heat, just moisture. With 2 of us in the car and windows up, it's just too damp. The rear cracked window let's the humidity escape with heat on high.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-15-2019)